John's Florida Real Estate Blog

By
Real Estate Agent - CENTURY 21 Bill Nye Realty, Inc.
Real estate news, opinion, and listings from Zephyrhills, Pasco County, Florida and the west central region of Florida in general. Licensed in Florida.

ARCHIVED BLOG POSTS

2008 

I could say " I told you so", but I won't. Today 1/31/08,  Freddie Mac reported that the average mortgage interest rates for 30 and 15 year fixed-rate loans moved higher after several weeks of big drops. Nationally the average mortgage interest rate for 30 year fixed-rate mortgages was 5.68% (5.6...
01/31/2008
A while back in the Q & A section of AR a consumer wondered why he could not act as his own buyers agent and get whatever the listing agent was offering to cooperating brokers taken off the price of the home. There were many replies. The questioner himself added a comment later in the answers tha...
01/30/2008
Just a week ago the Federal Reserve had a late night special meeting and decided to drop their interest rates by a whopping 0.75%. Now just a week later they have dropped the rates an additional 0.50%! This combined drop of 1.25% places the Fed's rate at just 3%, the lowest it has been since June...
01/30/2008
This evening opponents conceded that supporters of Amendment 1 in Florida had more than enough votes to get it approved. Just over half the votes was not enough for passage. It was required that the amendment get at least 60% of the votes cast for this propety tax reform amendment to pass. The am...
01/29/2008
It may be hard to believe, but today 1/24/08,  Freddie Mac reported that the average mortgage interest rates for 30 year and 15 year fixed-rate interest rates dropped AGAIN substantially! Nationally the average mortgage interest rate for 30 year fixed-rate mortgages was 5.48% (5.46% in the southe...
01/24/2008
From everywhere it is being reported that the Federal Reserve today dropped its key interest rate from 4.25% to 3.75%. The largest drop since 1990! Fears of a coming (or present) recession in the United States was the apparent reason given for this large drop. With the sluggish housing market bei...
01/22/2008
Notice this image of the scales. Normally, when one side goes down, the other side goes up. That is usually the relationship between mortgage interest rates and home prices. When interest rates are low, more people can get loans for larger amounts. This causes more demand for homes so the sellers...
01/21/2008
This 2 bedroom/1 bath single wide offers affordable living, either as a winter residence or a year-round home. It is located near the center of Zephyrhills on a quiet side street not far from beautiful Zephyr Park. On one side it has a large Florida room with an adjoining workshop & laundry room...
01/18/2008
I was driving past the library near our real estate office yesterday and saw a sign by the road announcing that you could vote early there. For many years voters in Florida have been able to vote before the actual election date in an attempt to diminish delays for citizens when they went to vote....
01/17/2008
Today 1/17/08,  Freddie Mac reported that the average mortgage interest rates for 30 year and 15 year fixed-rate interest rates dropped AGAIN! Nationally the average mortgage interest rate for 30 year fixed-rate mortgages was 5.69% (5.65% in the southeast), down from 5.87% a week ago. The average...
01/17/2008
Rainmaker
479,935

John Elwell

Ask me a question
*
*
*
Spam prevention

Additional Information