Qualified Intermediary, Section 1031 Exchanges, Iowa, Midwest, and across the US

Services for Real Estate Pros - Iowa Equity Exchange
My blog is generally on subjects that relate to Section 1031 tax-deferred exchanges.



Did you know that if you own land and sell an easement to that land to a government agency, it is likely that your transaction is eligible for Section 1031 exchange treatment? Emergency Watershed Protection Program (EWPP) and Wetlands Reserve Program (WRP) easements are being purchased by the Iow...
You'd think it would be fairly simple to list the requirements to defer the maximum amount of capital gain taxes through the use of a Section 1031 exchange. As I set out to write this article, though, I realize that like a lot of other aspects of exchanges, it takes a little thought and effort t...

Ken Tharp

Section 1031 Exchanges, Iowa/U.S.
Ask me a question
Spam prevention

Accessibility option: listen to a question and answer it!

To submit the form,
drag the flag to the circle on the side.

Type below the answer to what you hear. Numbers or words, lowercase:

Additional Information