internal revenue service: What to Do If You Are Missing a W-2 - 02/01/12 12:47 AM
What to Do If You Are Missing a W-2 
Make sure you have all the needed documents, including all your Forms W-2, before you file your 2011 tax return. You should receive an IRS Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement, from each of your employers. Employers have until Jan. 31, 2012 to issue your 2011 Form W-2 earnings statement.
If you haven’t received your W-2, follow these four steps:
1. Contact your employer  If you have not received your W-2, contact your employer to inquire if and when the W-2 was mailed.  If it was mailed, it may have been returned … (8 comments)