Ladies, are you looking for fun, the chance to learn new things, and an opportunity to make a REAL DIFFERENCE in your community?
Join The Woman's Club of Northumberland County, Virginia, Inc.!
The Woman's Club is a place to:
- Meet and make new friends
- Share your talents
- Develop new interests
- Learn new skills
- Expand your knowledge
- Improve your community through volunteer service
- Enjoy a sense of pride and accomplishment
- Problem solve community issues
- Demonstrate your leadership skills
- Be informed
Oh, and did I mention, have FUN!!!
The Northumberland County Woman's Club was organized in 1935 and has been serving the Northumberland County community ever since. The current Woman's Club became an independent club in 2005 when it became incorporated. The current clubhouse in located in Lottsburg, VA.
The Woman's Club supports the community through these programs:
- Operation Smile, one smile at a time. Contributions include monetary donations but also include handmade blankets and goodie bags and toys for children
- Endowment program for a woman over 30 that is starting or returning to college
- Annual high school scholarship award
- Angel Tree--teaming with local Social Services programs to help make the holidays special
- Political forum for local candidates
- Programs and visitation to nursing homes, schools, and library
- Central VA Food Bank
- Fund raising activities for the club's charitable donations and activities for the community
- Heathsville Tavern Golden Christmas Event
Oh, and did I mention, have fun???
Sylvia Ball and Eleanor Morris, members of the Woman's Club.
These lovely ladies were great sports and enjoyed modeling some outfits presented by Wildest Dreams located in Burgess and The Dandelion located in Irvington, VA at the recent Spring Fashion Show and Luncheon. The Spring Fashion Show and Luncheon is one of the three major fund raising activities for the club. The other activities include a monthly Bridge Game Day with Luncheon and a Red Hat Bingo Luncheon.
Here are some other pictures of the Fashion Show luncheon:
These lovely models are wearing clothes presented by The Dandelionlocated in Irvington, VA.
This beautiful black and white dress was presented by Wildest Dreams in Burgess, VA.
There was an award for "Woman of the Year" presented to Joan Clements for her outstanding volunteer work and dedication to the Northumberland County Red Cross. Ms. Clements has donated many years of loyal volunteer service to the local Red Cross and assisted with hurricane relief, fire displacement relief, and has helped promote local blood drives along with many, many other services. Congratulations on a well deserved award!
The Northumberland County Woman's Club is open to all women living in Northumberland County. What are you waiting for?
The next meeting is May 12, 2009 at 12:30 in Lottsburg at the clubhouse. Bingo will played after the business meeting and social time. Hope to see you there!
Yvonne Hurt, REALTOR, CRS, GRI, ABR, SHS
Long & Foster Bay/River Office, 387 Chesapeake Drive, White Stone, VA 22578