Lake Ridge is one of the ten largest subdivisions in the United States.
- 38,000 residents
- 7,000 + residences
- 4,400 acres
- 1,200 acres of it are treed common ground
- On the 2,100 acre Occoquan Reservoir
Town Home Market Report
Homes Sold and Settled|
Year-To-Date 2009 Vs. Total Year 2008
- Express bus service to the PENTAGON and WASHINGTON, DC is available within Lake Ridge and at the entrance to Lake Ridge in the VDOT Commuter Lot
- Carpools usually meet at the VDOT Commuter Lot at the entrance to Lake Ridge - see OMNIMATCH for more specific details
- Slugging (some erroneously call it hitching a ride which it is) is a result of the need to use HOV lanes on the I-95 as much as possible. Commuters form a line at a designated SLUG STOP in Lake Ridge - the VDOT Commuter at the Lake Ridge entrance. For example, a driver will pull up headed for the Pentagon, but needs one more passenger to qualify for HOV-3. The first person in line going to the Pentagon will join the others in the car and away they go. It's free commuting for the slugger and gives the driver availability to HOV lanes on I-95 - win win!!
- Train The Virginia Railway Express WOODBRIDGE STATION with rail service to Springfield, Crystal City and Union Station in Washington, DC is approximately a 20 minute drive from Lake Ridge in the morning rush hour. At Springfield you can switch to METRORAIL that gives you access to the entire National Capital Area subway system.
- Local buses run regulary throughout the Greater Woodbridge area as well as other areas of Prince William County. Lake Ridge is one of the communities served by OMNLINK
- MCB Quantico is less than 30 minutes by car
- Fort Belvoir is approximately 30 minutes by car
- One of the popular features about Lake Ridge is that all schools attended by Lake Ridge children are in Lake Ridge.
- No elementary school is more than 5 or 6 minutes from the student's home
- Antietam Elementary
- Lake Ridge Elementary
- Old Bridge Elementary
- Rockledge Elementary
- Springwoods Elementary
- Lake Ridge Middle
- Woodbridge Senior High School
- Lake Ridge Neighborhood Library in the Fairfield Office Park
- Chinn Regional Library less than 10 minutes
- Tacketts Mill located at the entrance to Lake Ridge was the first of the three centers. In addition to the normal complement of retail stores it includes commercial office space. It's here you'll find McDonald's, Dunkin' Donuts and Baskin Robbins
- Lake Ridge Commons at Old Bridge Road and Hedges Run Drive is about midway through Lake Ridge. It has our one and only Starbucks
- Festival at Old Bridge is also on Old Bridge Road near the western end of Lake Ridge at Smoketown Road. It has the Lake Ridge US Post Office Annex
- Lake Ridge Park and Marina with boat launch to the Occoquan Reservoir, 9-hole golf course, miniature golf and picnic facilities is in Lake Ridge
- Chinn Aquatics and Fitness Center with year round pool, exercise facilities, racquetball courts and meeting room is approximately 10 minutes
- Leesylvania State Park with boat launch to the Potomac, picnic facilities and educational programs is approximately 30 minutes
- Prince William Forest Park with 37 mikes of hiking trails, 21 miles of bicycle accessible roads, cabin and tent camping is approximately 30 minutes
- There is a bicycle and jogging path along the Prince William Parkway
- Occoquan Regional Park with boat launch to the Occoquan River, summer boat storage,ball fields and picnic areas is approximately 15 minutes
- Old Hickory Golf Club is approximately 10 minutes
The Kruschka Team has 33 years full time real estate experience in the Lake Ridge area. Contact Karen and Art by Email or call us at 703-690-6569. Put our record of customer service, real estate experience and state-of-the-art technology to work for you in Alexandria, Arlington County, Fairfax County, Prince William County, Stafford County or the entire Northern Virginia Area.