This looks nice huh?? I have worked over 22 different golf outings in the last 11 years, and here is my SHORT LIST of suggestions to make them WORK FOR YOU and/or your business! One question before we begin though....Do you have business cards on you right now??
1. GET assigned a PAR 3 hole if possible! (more on that later)
2. Give away an item for closest WOMAN to the PIN! SPA treatment or day,massage, etc..etc Here's the rub, many GOLF OUTINGS are designed as "play times" for THE GUYS! Women are ignored quite often at these events and dont WIN as many prizes! It is nice to do something JUST for them!
3. Give away BOTTLED water! With all the BOOZE being guzzled at these events, remain CLASSY, and HAND THEM TO PEOPLE as they get up to the tee box!
4. Have the golf carts pre-loaded with something from your company that is TOTALLY different than most! PLEASE dont give out coozies! We have WAYYY to many of these already! Example, maybe a nice green repair tool! Everyone needs these, and few people OWN a nice one!
5. Bring a WEBER grill OUT TO the hole! COOK OUT JOHNSONVILLE BRATS right at the hole! People need FOOD to soak up the booze, and will need food to use the FREE water to wash down! (notice a pattern here?) The smell is fantastic too!
6. DRESS UP YOUR HOLE! Attach long stringed balloons to the tee markers, and if you have a "TARGET" or banner with your company LOGO on it, place it somewhere on the green so it can be seen from the tee box! (more on THAT later)
7. This is a simple one, MEET & GREET each person, and have ONLY POSITIVE, WINNING ATTITUDE, people working at the hole! Ask THEM for a business card, and give them ONE of yours! This creates a followup list for THANK YOU'S, other invites & events, ezines & newsletters! Do this when giving them the water! see # 3
8. If a local SPORTING EVENT of issue is going on...dont be afraid to give UPDATES to people! For example, if there is a baseball game on...bring a radio, and in between groups, turn it on! NOBODY DOES THIS!!! YOU will be a hit! (Yes, I know that was a pun)
9. Have at least ONE QUESTION ready for each Realtor that comes along...about a program,product, or service! You can use this as a "test market" to see what the general understanding is, and keep NOTES! PAR 3's are great because they are slower than the other holes, and people get held up waiting for the group in front of them to get off the green!
10. Dress NICELY and/or in company shirts..etc...but be a team..Dress similar! Red shirts, kahki shorts etc... I know, youll end up looking like you work at Best buy...so what! It's one day! :)
Let's get back to #1 & #6
GET INVOLVED WITH A CHARITY LIKE:
- OR -
Have a seperate $1 challenge for charity! This raises awareness AND helps the charity! This is also where your banner comes into play....Offer this to the golfers and say, if you LAND your shot on the TARGET or BANNER you win a DVD player...or...Home Depot gift card..or something like that! $1 per chance! Like a "birdies for charity" thing...and I am sure that the people RUNNING this will put it on the program or the announcer will...or on the EVENTS card in each cart! Again, MORE awareness for your company AND for the charity! A WIN WIN! Best part is, when the outing is over,you call the charity, newspapers, chamber of commerce etc...and do a CHECK presentation! Newspaper puts the check giving in the paper...good pub...maybe even TV picks it up as a "local event"...Charity wins because they get coverage AND MONEY, you win because it is free advertising for you and your company!
MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW UP WITH ALL LEADS YOU OBTAIN THROUGH THESE OUTINGS WITHIN 48 hours or they will get stale, and YOU will be harder to remember!
**** LAST BUT NOT LEAST! ****
IF you want to go big time....................
If the PAR 3 is a LAND HOLE....buy the insurance, have a hole in one contest, and put a Harley Davidson Motorcycle out there...or if you are eco friendly, A PRIUS!
If the Par 3 is a water hole, or ISLAND HOLE, buy the insurance, and put a SEA DOO out there in the water, or a bass boat!
You can find the insurance to purchase by going to: http://www.holeinoneinsurance.com/
or by clicking HERE!
I hope you enjoyed these ideas, and good luck at your next outing!
Here is also a GREAT website to vist to purchase all kinds of COOL stuff! www.rightpathmarketing.com
As always, if you have any questions, comments, issues or concerns, please direct them to Darin@osmwi.com or 608-592-2227 Also, any additional GREAT ideas will be posted as UPDATES on the bottom of this blog!!!
If you enjoyed this blog you can subsribe by clicking on the icon below!
Proudly Serving the ENTIRE State of Wisconsin since 2003
Update#1- I received a suggestion today from a person that has sponsored a KEG on the course..etc..and/or cigars for people! I am not so sure that is the way I WOULD go...but i said I would post it! - Thanks!...Darin
Update#2- Anyone who wants to cut & paste this material, or RE-BLOG ME, is TOTALLY WELCOME TO!
Update #3- SELL MULLIGANS for charity!!!