**WARNING FOR AGENTS: TOTALLY UNORIGINAL YET VERY USEFUL INFORMATION AHEAD**
I say the above only because I think it's pretty safe to say that most of us real-estate agents have the below information posted somewhere on our website. It really is an excellent summary of what we as agents communicate to you, the seller, during the listing appointment, along with the area statistics and comps(and of course our wonderful marketing strategies) to help you arrive at a price for your home.
Whether you're in Week 1 or Year 2 of your property being on the market, taking a look at this list from time to time will serve as grounding, a managing of expectations, a reminder to you to keep your eye on the prize(the sale) and do what's necessary to sell your property.
I only have two questions for you:
1. Are you listening? and,
2. Do you want to have your home for sale, or do you want your home to SELL?
Just remember, in some instances you can't put a price on CLOSURE. Best wishes for a speedy sale!!
The Market Value of your home is NOT:
* What you have in it(as in, how much money you have put in it)
* What you need out of it
* What you want
* What it appraised for
* What your neighbor’s house sold for or what it was priced
* What the tax office says it is worth
* How much it is insured for
* Based on memories and treasures
* Based on prices of homes where you are moving
THE TRUE MARKET VALUE OF YOUR HOME IS WHAT A BUYER IS WILLING TO PAY:
* Based on today’s market
* Based on today’s competition (what other homes are on the market in your area, and how they compare to yours)
* Based on today’s financing
* Based on today’s economic condition
* Based on the buyer’s perception of the condition
* Based on location
* Based on normal marketing time
* Based on showing accessibility
Properties that sell in Today’s Market:
On a scale of 1-10, the 10s are the ones that are selling. How can your home be a 10?
* By improving the condition dramatically
* By offering good terms
* By improving the way your home shows
* By adjusting the price
AS A SELLER YOU CONTROL:
* The price you ask
* The condition of the property
* Access to the property("Appointment Only" restrictions really discourage spontaneous showings; try to be more flexible!)
AS A SELLER YOU DO NOT CONTROL:
* Market condition
* The motivation of your competition
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
You can reach me at 206-595-5866, or e-mail me: LisaBosques@PNWRealty.com
Or visit my website: www.98146online.com
I am an Associate Broker and Marketing Specialist with Prudential Northwest Realty Associates. I specialize in homes located in the Burien/North Highline/West Seattle area, and I am here to serve all of your Real Estate needs.
Your success is my goal!
• What Is My Home Worth?
• Search For Properties
• Search Foreclosures
• Search Sold Property Data By Neighborhood