Dale City was the inspiration of Cecil Don Hylton and his wife Irene. His firm, Hylton Homes began developing homes in Dale City west of I-95 at the conclusion of World War II. The construction stretched from I-95 west to Hoadly Road. Hylton Homes still builds homes in the immediate area.
Each section (community) along Dale Boulevard was given a name ending in Dale - they proceeded alphabetically from east to west.. Only "I" and "J" were omitted - they are Ashdale, Birchdale, Cloverdale, Darbydale, Evansdale, Forestdale, Glendale, Hillendale, Kerrydale, Lindendale, Mapledale, Nottingdale, Oakdale, Princedale, Ridgedale, Silverdale and Trentdale. All streets in each community had the first letter of that community's name as the first letter of its' name. For example, Hendrick St is in Hillendale.
- 64,000 residents
- 15,000 + residences
- 15 square miles
- Dale City has its own north and southbound I-95 interchange
- Underground utilities, sidewalks and wide streets
- No homeowner's association
- Commuter bus service operates within Dale City to The Pentagon, Washington, DC and Washington Navy Yard
- Virginia Railway Express is available at the Rippon Landing Station with service to Alexandria and Washington, DC
- Slug Lines are avalable at several locations - see the website to pick the one closest to you.
- Local Woodbridge bus service operates within Dale City
- MCB Quantico is approximately 15 to 20 minutes depending on your location in Dale City
- Fort Belvoir is approximately 40 minutes by car
- There are numerous schools of all grade levels throughout Dale City. The Prince William County School Locator enables you to locate the current school for any specific address.
- Dale City Neighborhood Library is located in the Center Plaza Shopping Center
- Chinn Regional Library less than 10 minutes
- Although there are numerous shopping centers throughout Dale City, the three largest and most notable are Mapledale Plaza, Center Plaza, and Cheshire Station
- Potomac Mills Shopping Center is just outside Dale City
- Dale City Rec Center is centrally located on Minnieville Road with year round pool, fitness center and other recreational activities including an outdoor baseball batting cage.
- Water Works Waterpark is located on Dale Boulevard
- Prince William Indoor Ice Rink is also located on Dale Boulevard
- Prince William Forest Park with 37 mikes of hiking trails, 21 miles of bicycle accessible roads, cabin and tent camping is less than 30 minutes
- Leesylvania State Park with boat launch to the Potomac, picnic facilities and educational programs is less than 30 minutes
- Lake Ridge Park and Marina with boat launch to the Occoquan Reservoir, 9-hole golf course, miniature golf and picnic facilities is approximately 15 minutes
- Occoquan Regional Park with boat launch to the Occoquan River, summer boat storage,ball fields and picnic areas is approximately 20 minutes
- Old Hickory Golf Club is approximately 15 minutes
Chinn Aquatics and Fitness Center with year round pool, exercise facilities, racquetball courts and meeting room is approximately 10 to 15 minutes
The Kruschka Team has 33 years full time experience in Prince William County
”Experience Isn’t Expensive – It’s PRICELESS”
NO REGISTRATION NORTHERN VIRGINIA HOME FINDER
Contact Karen and Art by Email or call us at 703-690-6569. Put our record of customer service, real estate experience and state-of-the-art technology to work for you in Alexandria, Arlington County, Fairfax County, Prince William County, Stafford County or the entire Northern Virginia Area.