What do you do with your spare room? Here are some interesting ideas of what you can do with that "EXTRA" room. ;)
Fun ideas of what to do with your spare room:
A Home Theater
- Get yourself a nice big tv or if you have a blank wall a projection screen would do even better. Decorate with club chairs or a sofa that reclines anything that would make the room more comfortable and emjoyable to watch movies in. If you want that extra movie theaterness get a popcorn machine and a mini fridge then you don't even need to leave to get snacks!
- What to do with that treadmill you have hidden behind a screen in your living room?! Why not make better use of it or simply get some work out equipment and make yourself your own home gym. Put up inspiring artwork (you know those inspirational posters with the guy at the top of the mountain or a breath-taking view) and even some work out guides and get to work. Mount a tv on the wall and pop in some exercise videos and you are set to get into shape. Watch out for friends they will be trying to sneak some gym time in no time. ;)
A Craft Room
- Most of us here are crafty so why not have a craft room? You know the room a big long table (big enough to spread out and create) and shelves and organizers full of fun crafty stuff...tape, decoupage, bows, fabric, a sewing machine, buttons, glitters. Basically what ever you like to make, set up shop in this room and go to town!
A Revitalizing Retreat
- While not the most practical of ideas for a spare room it can be argued that this would be the most enjoyable. Get a comfy chair, some classical music, your face mask, incense and if you are luck you could have a dry sauna in it or a massage table for when your personal massuse comes to your house to spoil you rotten. Don't feel guilty though I am sure your kids or spouse can enjoy it too....some day. ;)
Gift Wrap Room
- Gte out the wrapping paper, bows, construction paper and have a blast wrapping those gifts youhand picked out for your loved ones. It's always so hard to find a good place to wrap gifts. I am sure most of us end up doing it on the floor or our dining room tables so why not devote a room to the art of gift wrapping?!
- And old classic stand-by. Who wouldn't want a home office? A place where you can store all that paper work and ick...bills so that you don't have to constantly see it spread out in your kitchen, dining room or any other place where it simply doesn't belong. Make a built-in unit using file drawers as the base put a long piece of wood on top and shelves on top of that to complete the look and make a functional and great looking office.
- Of course the most obvious of the choices and dare I say the one of the most selfless of choices. Why put up your family in hotels when you have a beautiful and comfortable room for them to stay in. With all the comforts of home and then you can all stay up later for those wonderful chats and now it's even easier to get mom, grandma or whatever relative to make their special dish for you...they are after all just a hop, skip and a jump away. ;)
Kids Play Room
- We all know kids have TONS of toys! If you didn't buy them someone else did and they just keep coming. Surely you have run out of room in your own childs room and it's starting to look like Toys R Us after an earthquake. Why not separate their sleeping and changing area from their toy area and dedicate a room to their "stuff". Making them happy and you happier in the long run.
- Pool tables, foosball, air hockey, dart boards...the game and fun possibilities are endless. Decorate it around a theme, say your favorite sports team, throw in a tv, a mini bar, comfortable sofas/chairs and of course your favorite fun activity and you are set!
- My personal favorite. To me there is nothing nicer than having an entire room dedicated to books. Wall to wall shelves full fo your favorite reads and those books you have been meaning to get to. Add in a chaise lounge some good task lighting and you are set to jump into the world of reading.
Of course one of the best things to do with a spare room all depends on your hobbies. Make it fun but more importantly...make it your own! ;)