He calls American Citizens evil-mongers?
Harry Reid quotes and votes!
"America supports everything that we need to do with Katrina. I hope everyone understands this approximately $63 billion ... that's only a down payment. There's going to be lots more money."
"I have too many unanswered questions about the nominee to justify a vote confirming him to this enormously important lifetime position."
"This is a scandal, ... This is only the tip of the iceberg. ... We're talking about billions of dollars."
"President Bush should forget about privatizing Social Security,"
Moving America forward will still require the cooperation of my Senate colleagues, who are Republicans ... The last eight years have shown us the American people want us to work together. Democrats aren't looking to Sen. Franken's election as an opportunity to ram legislation through this body. In turn, Senate Republicans must understand that Sen.-elect Franken's election does not abdicate them from the responsibilities to govern.
The American people do not like privatization. They are afraid of the debt the president's willing to do. And they don't like benefit cuts. And everyone here should understand all 45 Senate Democrats are united. We are not going to let this happen.
- Voted NO on paying down federal debt by rating programs' effectiveness. (Mar 2007)
- Voted NO on $40B in reduced federal overall spending. (Dec 2005)
- Voted NO on prioritizing national debt reduction below tax cuts. (Apr 2000)
- Voted NO on Balanced-budget constitutional amendment. (Mar 1997)
- Reform mortgage rules to prevent foreclosure & bankruptcy. (Feb 2008)
- Voted NO on mandatory prison terms for crimes involving firearms. (May 1994)
Voted NO on Educational Savings Accounts. (Mar 2000)
Voted NO on requiring schools to allow voluntary prayer. (Jul 1994)
Voted NO on drilling ANWR on national security grounds. (Apr 2002)
Voted NO on cap foreign aid at only $12.7 billion. (Oct 1999)
Voted NO on requiring photo ID to vote in federal elections. (Jul 2007)
Voted NO on establishing the Senate Office of Public Integrity. (Mar 2006)
Voted NO on banning more types of Congressional gifts. (Jul 1995)
Reject photo ID requirements for voting. (Sep 2005)
Voted NO on more penalties for gun & drug violations. (May 1999)
Voted NO on funding GOP version of Medicare prescription drug benefit. (Apr 2001)
Voted NO on building a fence along the Mexican border. (Sep 2006)
Voted NO on declaring English as the official language of the US government. (Jun 2007)
Voted NO on limit welfare for immigrants. (Jun 1997)
Voted YES on allowing illegal aliens to participate in Social Security. (May 2006)
Voted YES on limiting farm subsidies to people earning under $750,000. (Dec 2007
Voted NO on terminating legal challenges to English-only job rules. (Mar 2008)
- Voted NO on establishing reserve funds & pre-funding for Social Security. (Mar 2007)
- Voted NO on Social Security Lockbox & limiting national debt. (Apr 1999)
- Voted NO on allowing Roth IRAs for retirees. (May 1998)
- Voted NO on allowing personal retirement accounts. (Apr 1998)
- Voted NO on deducting Social Security payments on income taxes. (May 1996)
- Voted NO on allowing AMT reduction without budget offset. (Mar 2008)
- Voted NO on raising the Death Tax exemption to $5M from $1M. (Feb 2008)
- Voted NO on repealing the Alternative Minimum Tax. (Mar 2007)
- Voted NO on raising estate tax exemption to $5 million. (Mar 2007)
- Voted NO on supporting permanence of estate tax cuts. (Aug 2006)
- Voted NO on permanently repealing the `death tax`. (Jun 2006)
- Voted NO on retaining reduced taxes on capital gains & dividends. (Feb 2006)
- Voted NO on extending the tax cuts on capital gains and dividends. (Nov 2005)
- Voted NO on $350 billion in tax breaks over 11 years. (May 2003)
- Voted NO on eliminating the 'marriage penalty'. (Jul 2000)
- Voted NO on across-the-board spending cut. (Oct 1999)
- Voted NO on requiring super-majority for raising taxes. (Apr 1998)
Oh Yeah he has the stuff I want representing me!