What are the advantages of having a Technology Coordinator?
Tech Alliance Calls – A conference call with focused instruction on technology issues and notification of new releases from EagentC. Held every the 2nd Tuesday of every month @ 2:00-3:00pm (CST). The next call will be September 8.
Web-based Agent Training – Online conference calls that introduce the Tech Coordinators to the tools available to them to better instruct other associates. Held the 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month @ 10:00-11:30am
Technology Coordinator Web Office – Exclusive access to a role-based intranet with current documentation, discussions and events calendar for Tech Coordinators. The content of all past calls and recordings of the web conferences are available through the web office. All announcements, MC Tech calendar events and meeting notifications are maintained and sent via the web office.
MC Tech Intranet Profile – Increased privileges and extended use of system utilities. (office website editing, listing sharing, etc)
How do I designate an individual as Technology Coordinator?
Once the market center has chosen the deserving individual that will maintain the role of Technology Coordinator, the MCA must:
1) Assign the ‘MC Tech Coordinator’ role in the KW Intranet.
2) Submit a ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting access to the MC Tech Web Office.
What is the ideal Technology Coordinator profile?
1. People Oriented - Technology can be difficult for many people, and having a technology person that gets along with realtors and your staff will make it much easier for everyone. They should be able to build relationships with people in the office and be part of the team.
2. Accommodating - The technology coordinator is playing a supporting role in your office, and should achieve success by helping and empowering other people.
3. Technically Knowledgeable - The technology coordinator must have a solid base in technology, and have training and/or extensive prior experience with computer networks, phone systems, software, and office technology.
4. Detail Oriented and Thorough - A good technology person will manage detail well, administer preventative measures and take care of existing problems completely and efficiently. They should also be able to plan their activities and follow through.
5. Task Orientated - Your technology coordinator must know how to get the job done and stay on track. Since they will most likely be working on projects while handling requests for support and assistance, they will need to be task focused in order to complete their work.
6. High integrity - Your technology coordinator will have access to sensitive files and information about associates, customers, and finances. You will need to be able to trust them with that information.
7. Intelligence and Problem Solving Skills - Your technology coordinator will break down problems to their smallest degree to identify the nature of the issue, the factors and variables involved. They will determine the logical steps required to solve the problems. They will resolve problems systematically and effectively.