When you decide to sell, your home becomes a product. Home Staging is the best way to display your product to help buyers envision themselves living in the space. Statistics show that a well displayed home sells faster and for greater profit. Today's savvy, home buyer is looking for quality, style, and a smart investment.
A home that is offered for sale in "AS IS" condition or "un-staged" before selling, will likely get an "AS IS" price in the real estate marketplace.
New England Home Staging uses a variety of merchandising tactics to best present your home. Some of these tactics include:
- Creating a neutral color palette on the walls. This helps the Buyer have a neutral backdrop to visualize their décor regardless of their particular style. Color on the wall is a personal preference. We want to leave the personal touches to the Buyer for after they move in because if your choice is not a match for the Buyer, they will not identify with the space as a fit for them.
- Enhancing features of the house. This means the actual structure or fixtures such as the fireplace, windows, etc.
- Eliminating easy projects. This typically includes updating lighting fixtures and ceiling fans that are over 10 years in age. Also, removing wallpaper and/or borders. (the chances are your Buyer sees it as a project- not a keeper). Removing dated or damaged blinds/window treatments.
- Adding ambiance through staging countertops and surfaces with purposeful décor.
- Clearing, de-personalizing, and editing out extra household items that are taking up unnecessary space. Vacant spaces lack definition and leave the Buyer disconnected from the emotional quotient they need to identify with the space.
Let us show you how staging can directly impact how well your home is presented within the Massachusetts marketplace. Call1-888-778-NEHS
New England Home Staging®