Are you in a rut? Discouraged? Maybe you are new and not sure where to start? One thing you should keep in mind is what you do today will have a direct impact on your business in the next 90 days. That means if you prospect for 2 hours a day, 5 days a week, the fruition of your hard work will pay off in the next 90 days. Can you stand to make a few more bucks? Are you up for the challenge? Make the commitment to do the following 5 things and I bet you will see a dramatic change in your business within the next 90 days!
- When I got in this business I wanted freedom, I commit to Century 21 Sundance Realty 35 hours a week, another words I try very hard to work an honest 35 hour work week, however I must admit I most often work more because I feel guilty about the social aspects of the business. The whole point is I am committed to doing an honest 35 hours a week. So be honest about your work week and commit and then do it!
- Floyd Wickman taught me the best way to commit is to prospect until you get an appointment. Whether you are chasing FSBO'S or Expired listings or general prospecting, if Floyd's way is too much try this. If you call on 5 prospects add 5 a day. By doing this alone your business will grow. You will make more contacts, add to your sphere, more appointments and over time.....a booming business! Get the message. Add 5!
- Review your business plan and your goals for 2007. Evaluate the 1st half of the year and make adjustments. How many more listing appointments do I need to reach my goals? How about sales? Evaluate the first half of 2007. Start setting the pace for the rest of the year. The more realistic your goals are the more likely you will reach them. That means if you need to make an adjustment do so.
- Commit to 1 hour a day on Internet Marketing, especially if you are your own webmaster, I have found by making regular adjustments I seem to get better placement and more contacts. Know your target market and get working, believe me it's there for the taking. Bring value and be a great resource! If you don't have a website...blog!
- Work your sphere hard, I live by it, I depend on them. We all can use a little help from our friends. Commit to calling 10 a day, don't have 10 make 10, after you call them, e-mail them, write, visit. Your sphere can make you very successful (if you have one) or break you out of this business (If you don't).
In our society we are taught to strive to be the best. Easier said than done! I say try being better. Every single day! It's much easier to achieve and you will continually improve. You might stay motivated and enjoy what you do. It's all about patience and balance. So today take the challenge and commit to 90 days and then watch your real estate world improve.
It's best expressed in this poem by W.E.B DuBois
Now is the accepted time, not tomorrow, not some more convenient season.
It is today that our best work can be done and not some future day or future year.
It is today that we fit ourselves for the greater usefulness of tomorrow.
Today is the seed time, now are the hours of work, and tomorrow comes the harvest and the playtime.