California's Sonoma County Wine Country Top 10 Secrets Exposed! - Sonoma County Wine Country Lifestyle
Last night, I was on the phone with a friend who lives out of state and who's currently thinking about moving to California. We had a nice discussion about the benefits of moving to California and then we talked about living in the Sonoma County Wine Country. Our conversation gave me the idea to write a post about the top ten reasons I came up with to persuade my friend to move to Sonoma County. I know it's a cliche, but I wanted to share the top 10 secrets of this beautiful area with my peers in Sonoma County. There are so many things to do and see in this region! Even after living here for over 30 years, I still come across new and old "Secret" treasures that re-enforce my love for my home. Lets begin...
10. The Charles Shultz Museum and Ice Arena is in Santa Rosa! I learned to ice skate here! It's a fun place to go with your family and friends just about anytime of the year. The best thing: they are still doing the "hockey pockey" there! You can find hundreds of Artist's interpretations of Charlie Brown, Snoopy and Woodstock statues around town. It's a great way to get to know the area.
9. Sonoma County is surrounded by several beautiful state parks including Annadel and Spring Lake Regional Park.
8. Salmon Creek, Goat Rock or School House Beach are a few of the "Secret" beaches that puts Sonoma County on the map of Worlds greatest Ocean views.
7. Armstrong Woods State Reserve in Guerneville, CA has some of the oldest and tallest redwood trees in the world! Camp out on a secret campsite on Bullfrog pond and see the stars light up the night sky.
6. The Sonoma County Wine Country is only 40 minutes North of San Francisco, CA! Take a trip to the city for even more fun!
5. Sonoma County offers high quality secondary education. The Santa Rosa Junior College has been ranked one of the best Junior Colleges in the U.S. And Sonoma State University is know as the "gem" of the Cal State University system.
4. The Russian River runs through Sonoma County's Wine Country! Grab a canoe and see some of the landscapes that you miss from the road.
3. The Green Music Center in Rohnert Park, CA is a world class concert hall that's almost complete and it will host the Santa Rosa Symphony which is considered one of the finest in the country.
2. Cycling in Sonoma County Wine Country (my personal favorite secret) is a heavenly experience. Whether you ride a mountain bike or road bike, casually or professionally, you can find a multitude of rides to fit your skill level.
1. Sonoma County Wine Country has some of the best wineries in the world. I couldn't stop laughing when I saw our wines listed on the menus in Europe. Most of them came from our area! The Harvest Fair, which is being held this month, is one of the best events in Sonoma County.
Bonus Sonoma County Wine Country Secret!
The Gourmet California Fusion Cuisine, found here in the Sonoma County Wine Country is some of the best food in the entire country. Also, I believe, the push for the local slow food movement has strong roots here. A few that have earned the esteemed Michelin star(s) are: Cyrus in Healdsburg, Dry Creek Kitchen in Healdsburg, Farmhouse Inn and Restaurant in Forestville, and K&L Bistro in Sebastopol.
It's true, these are some of the best Sonoma County Wine Country secrets exposed and there are many more in our area. I am very proud to live here and am happy to share some of the wonderful reasons why I love the Sonoma County Wine Country. Even if you don't plan to move here, it's a great place to visit and vacation. Like many other places in the world, California's Sonoma County Wine Country has many wonderful hidden treasures for you to discover if you're up for the adventure. As a local lender, I take pride in supporting my realtors and real estate agents as they help new home buyers move into the area. I love the excitement people express when they tell me all of the "new" experiences they're having. It helps me not take any of the beauty of this region for granted.