- Best Days: Saturday and Sundays from 1PM to 4PM
- Use a guest list to register all those who look at your home - you may want to invite your favorite mortgage lender and have them offer a FREE pre-qualification for potential buyers. Most “lookers” won’t buy the home your hosting, but they’re going to buy a home at some point – why not capture them while you can?
- Turn on lights in all rooms and open blinds to let as much light into the home as possible.
- Have some soft background music playing wherever a radio is available.
- Light fireplace for warm and homey feeling – unless you’re in 120 degree Arizona heat.
- Use open house signs and flags to draw as much attention to the home as possible, making it easy to find.
- Make sure home is neat and clean inside and out – fresh paint and clean carpet go a long way.
- Park cars away from your home and out of the garage. It will make your garage look larger.
- Put all toys away, inside and out
- Water the lawn, front and back, just prior to the start of your open house.
- Put a drop of vanilla on the oven rack and turn oven to 350 degrees for a great smell – or simply bake a batch of cookies during your open house.
- Keep pets secured – you wouldn’t want to scare away prospective buyers.
This entry hasn't been re-blogged:
Re-Blogged By Re-Blogged At
- open houses
Find what you need?
See More Blog PostsAbout Real Estate! SEE MORE NOW!