The State of Ct has $3.4 million to distribute over the next few months to consumers who replace their old energy eating appliances with new energy-efficient versions. The CT Recovery Appliance Program launched on Monday, Jan 25 and continues through April 30. This rebate program is part of a national $296 million stimulus program administered by the US Dept of energy. Rebates ranging from $50 to $500, are available for specific types of Energy Star rated appliances that are installed in Ct residences. Appliances may be purchased from any retailer, but they must replace an existing appliance to qualify for a rebate.
The rebate dollars are expected to go quickly. Once the funds are depleted, it's unknown whether it will be replaced. State officials estimate the funds should provide rebates for more than 42,000 new appliance purchases.
|Appliance||Rebate level||Minimum Efficiency|
|Clothes Washers||$100||Energy Star ---CEE Tier 2 and up|
|Room Air Conditioners||$50||Energy Star|
|Central A/C||$500||Energy Star AHRI---Rated CEE Tier 2|
The program is not retroactive, so no rebates will be given for appliances bought before Monday. Each Ct resident is allowed one rebate for each qualifying appliance and up to three room air conditioners. The rebate cannot exceed 50% of the cost of the appliance.
Here's what is needed:
- For additional information and rebate forms, go to: http://www.ct.gov/opm/cwp Information can also be obtained by calling 1-877-947-3873
- Applications are also available from Ct utility companies which have partnered with the state to administer the program. Rebate forms will be available in stores Feb 1.
- Fill out and mail the rebate application within 30 days of purchase.
- Provide a copy of the dated invoice or sales receipt showing the price, purchase date, manufacturer model no
- The application must be filled out completely. Consumers must sign and submit the application, provide a copy of the sales receipt and include a copy of the recent electric bill. Expect to receive your rebate within 60 days.
- Alll rebate forms must be postmarked by May 15.