Staging a Home with your 5 senses
I read an interesting article about staging your home using your 5 senses. Here is the gist.
1. Make your home easy on your eyes-Get rid of clutter. Make sure your home is squeaky clean. Open all the blinds so the inside of your home is bright.
2. What are you hearing? People want to feel relaxed and be soothed when they enter your home. Have some soft music on or a water fountain running.
3. How does your home smell? Don't use air fresheners. Open the windows and let the fresh air in.
4. Don't leave a bitter taste in the buyer's mouth. Consider baking a fresh batch of cookies or place a bowl of candy out for buyer's when they walk through your home.
5. How does your home feel? Make sure it is clean-buyers will open cupboards and closets. Make sure your home is at a comfortable temperature.
You want your potential buyers to have a positive experience and feel comfortable when they view your property. First impressions stick!!