The DeVaul Henderson Recreation Park is a great investment in the future of Richmond Hill, GA.
With so much budget cutting and expense control we can really be proud of our community Richmond Hill for sticking with the plan and getting this valuable resource in place for the future growth of our community. The DeVaul Henderson Park is now open for its second season of sport, and just as well as the 20,000 residents of this small town like being outdoors, like exercise and like their sport.
This state of the art sport and recreation facility currently boasts:
- 2 Full size, floodlit football/soccer fields
- 2 Full size, grass turf soccer fields
- 6 baseball diamonds
- a beautiful walking tail around a lake that is perfect for family fishing.
In the future as we grow into this new facility there are plans to further develop this prime piece of land to continue servicing the needs of this wonderful growing town:
- 10 Tennis courts with a clubhouse and pro shop
- Skateboard park
- Roller hockey arena (including 3 indoor basketball courts)
- Community center with gym
- Additional soccer fields
- A disk and dog park
- 2 Outdoor basket ball courts
- Fishing dock with kayak and canoe storage
We already have one of the best school districts in the state of Georgia (independently verifiable) and with this sort of investment in infrastructure and future growth going on we seem to be setting a course on controlled, sustainable and responsible growth and more and more families with children are going to continue choosing Richmond Hill as the perfect coastal town to raise their families.
Well done Richmond Hill I am proud to live, work and play here!