This week one of Ohio's favorite "little cities" hosts the annual Pickerington Violet Festival and has seen over 1/4 million visitors in the past ten years. http://www.violetfestival.org. The Pickerington Violet Festival runs from Wednesday, July 28th thru Saturday July 30th and will be held at Victory Park. This year it's chock full of entertainment and events to appeal to the entire family.
The Pickerington Violet Festival began in 1998 as a small community event and has grown annually ever since then. This yearly event includes music acts, a parade, a Miss Violet competition, a five kilometer race, a crafts show, and carnival rides.
Midway entry is just $2 for adults. Kids are free! Midway entry helps support the event and gets you access to all grounds including the Beer Garden (21 and over) and all bands and performers on stage. The line up for the week is:
- 5pm - Opening Ceremonies; Honor Guard - American Legion Post 283
- National Anthem - Jimmy Hensley
- 6:45 - Local band - Ddouble Vvision
- 8:30 - Harmony from Mid-Ohio Music
Thursday (Faith Nite):
- 6:00 - Three Bridges w/Jimmy Fortune (formerly of the Statler Bros.)
- 9:30 - Sycamore Community Church
- C3 Church
- Eastside Vineyard
Friday (Family Nite):
- 5:30 - The UnElectric Company
- 6:30 - Soul Annex (Local Pop)
- 7:45 - Swagg (Local Pop/Rock)
- 9:15 - LoCash Cowboys (National County/Rock) http://www.locashcowboys.com
Saturday (Final Day):
- 11:00am - Jimmy Hensley
- 1:30 - Junk Box (Local classic rock)
- 4:30 - George Elliot Underground
- 6:30 - Deep Six (Local Rock)
- 8:30 - Mark Farner (formerly of Grand Funk Railroad)
There will be a special Violet Festival Parade on Friday night beginning at 7pm. Chris and Preston from the LoCash Cowboys will be the grand marshals for the parade. The parade route is about two miles long and begins at Pickerington Central High School at 300 Opportunity Way, off South Hill Road. Other events include the Car and Bike Show on Saturday from 12-2pm, and the Downtown Dash, a 5K race, on Friday at 6:45pm. The Violet Festival will be held at Victory Park in Pickerington, Ohio http://bit.ly/dk5T9T.