If you live in Greensboro or any other part of North Carolina, this is the weekend to lace up your running shoes and get ready for some serious shopping. Starting this Friday, August 6, many back-to-school essentials will be exempt from sales tax. With our current tax rate nearing 8%, that can add up to some real savings. In addition, many stores offer incredible savings to save consumers even more. Here are some of the details:
- The Sales Tax Holiday begins Friday, August 6 at 12:01 a.m. and continues through Sunday, August 8 at 11:59 p.m.
- Clothing, footwear and school supplies of $100 or less per item are included.
- School instructional materials of $300 or less per item are included.
- Also included are sports and recreation equipment of $50 or less per item, computers of $3,500 or less per item and computer supplies of $250 or less per item.
- Some exemptions include clothing accessories, jewelry, cosmetics, wallets, and furniture. Here is a complete list of exempt items.
See you at the stores!