Get out your crystal ball and see if you see what Fiserv is predicting:
Home prices in Santa Fe to rise by more than 25% in the next four years!
According to an article published on www.realtor.org, and originated by Vanessa Wong of Bloomberg Business Week on October 9, 2010, the financial services technology firm Fiserv is predicting significant increases in home prices beginning next year for 10 metropolitan areas, including Santa Fe, New Mexico. David Stiff, the chief economist at Fiserv, says that by 2014 homes prices all over the country will have rebounded by an average of over 7% over 2010 prices, but foresees skyrocketing price increases of more than 20% for ten specific areas, including Santa Fe.
The ten lucky housing markets?
1. Washington State: Bremerton-Silverdale, +44.7 percent
2. Oregon: Bend, +33.6 percent
3. Michigan: Detroit-Livonia-Dearborn, +33.1 percent
4. California: Napa Valley, +31.7 percent
5. Nevada: Carson City, +31.6 percent
6. Florida: Panama City-Lynn Haven-Panama City Beach, +26.9 percent
7. Arizona: Flagstaff, +26 percent
8. New Mexico: Sante Fe, +25.8 percent
9. Wyoming: Cheyenne, +23.7 percent
10. Alaska: Anchorage, +20 percent