So you are a resident or are visiting my neck orf the woods....and it's raining.Well here I come to save the the day (LOL! At least as best I can.)! I, Jeremy St. Louis (your local Real Estate expert) have compiled a list of 5 things to do on a rainy day in South-Eastern Connecticut. So with no further ado and in no particular order here they are.
1) Visit the Mashantucket Pequot Museum. Take this opportunity to visit an amazing museum that cover Native and Natural history.
2) Check out the Lyman Allen Art Museum, an easy and accessible art museum that can be seen in under two hours.
3) Groton is know as the "submarine capitol of the world" with a large sub-base and Electric Boat a division of General Dynamic, the area has submarine's abound. So how can you get in on the sub action (besides eating a submarine sandwich and possibly watching a sub come up the Thames river), visit the Submarine Force Museum.
4) You could embrace the rain and shoot from shop to shop inOlde Mystik Village with over forty shops several restaurants ( including Mango's wood fired pizza a personal favorite) and a cinema, if it's really pouring catch a movie.
5) Try your luck at either of the area's casinos each offering a bevy of activities. South-eastern Connecticut has two of the largest casinos in the World. Both are amazing and massive you can choose either Foxwwods Resort Casino or Mohegan Sun or visit both!
I have provided this list of 5 things to do on a rainy day in South Eastern Connecticut with ease, as there are so many attractions it was almost hard to narrow it down. You can find a wide array of small locally owned shops restaurants and businesses. I will provide a bonus for those of you with kids, visit Galaxy Roller Rink and have some old school fun with the family.
If you are looking to move,buy or sell in my neck of the woods. You can contact your local expert Realtor Jeremy St. Louis to assist you with all of your real estate needs.