This morning, an associate quit the real estate business after trying it for a few years. "Market is bad - I have no work." The more we talked, the more I heard her blame everyone and everything for her failure and how it's the bank's fault that she is now going to lose her home.
But what has she been doing to fix it? Has she curbed her spending habits? Has she done anything to improve her business? What's she been doing to correct all the negatives? But .. she thinks Realtors who are making it are lucky - grass is always greener syndrome.
Looking at my own "yard" - it's not real green right now. Life stuff. And I was going to blog yesterday - but crazily - it was only 80 degrees and overcast in Tucson - WOW- so I took advantage and goofed around outside in the afternoon!
Yikes! That is not going to help my business. And only me to blame!
The flip side is ... I "work" even though I am not "working" - if that makes sense. How? By:
- Thinking positively about my business - doing what can be done - and when it can be done.
- Updating business goals and plans when things get "off-course".
- Ignoring negative news about real estate and negativity in general. People are selling and people are buying. They always will. The rest is up to me!
- Doing something over doing nothing. Simple things like reading blog posts, staying updated with the Tucson housing market, keeping business cards with me everywhere I go, writing down things to do and a target date for each.
- Having a date to get back on track. And then doing it.
Real estate is a long term investment - and so is having a career in real estate. It does take time and effort. But during those "in-between" times when things come up - keep "watering" your business. Put what time you have into quality, positive, productive things and it will make a difference later.
This blog is written with my opinions and my opinions are presented with accuracy but not guarantees. Please talk to a professional before making any real estate, financial or agency decisions. Gabrielle (Kamahele) Rhind - 2009. If you want to reprint parts of this - just email me for my permission: TucsonsRealEstate@gmail.com.
This entry hasn't been re-blogged:
Re-Blogged By Re-Blogged At
Find what you need?
See More Blog PostsAbout Real Estate! SEE MORE NOW!