Dear Mr. & Mrs. Seller,
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to view your wonderful home. We know what an inconvenience it can be when you are attempting to sell your home and so many people want to see it. The instructions in the MLS DO SAY to call you for an appointment. We appreciate you making the time to allow us to see your house on the third attempt. Perhaps you would like to set specific showing times with your agent to make it easier on you and easier to show.
I know how difficult it must be running a family and selling your house at the same time. Knowing that you have made an appointment, I do have some suggestions that may help you sell your home quicker:
- Please wash your dishes or shove them in the dishwasher, the kitchen is one of the biggest selling features of any home. A buyer will be distracted with dirty dishes on the counters and sink. Keep the kitchen clean.
- Walking over kids toys is a big distraction. Any chance grandma can house some of those toys while you attempt to sell your home? How about a toy box?
- Bathrooms are another big selling point for a home. Please make sure you have the towels picked up, clothes off the floor and toilets flushed. I know it sounds silly, but I am just saying....
- Pick up your bedrooms. I know, kids will be kids, but all my buyer can see is the XBox of the floor surrounded by soda cans, clothes, trash and I am not sure what else, but based on the measurements in the MLS, it is supposed to be a pretty big room.....It would be great if the clothes were put away in the Master as well
- Make the beds. My mom always made me make my bed every day.
- You have a lot of nice stuff. My buyers were unable to stop admiring your stunning family photos and knick knacks throughout the house. Too bad they missed the great view from the family room overlooking the valley. That really is one of your homes best features.
- I am sure Fido is the love of the family. He looks so cute in the back yard snarling and barking at the window. We really would have loved to see the great BBQ area, but Fido wasn't having it. Maybe next time he could go for a bye-bye ride!
- Pick up after your pets. The smell of animals, even if it is out in the yard, is a very big turn off.
There really are some great features of your home. It is unfortunate the potential buyers were so distracted to notice what a gem this house really is. Perhaps you want to ask your agent for some staging tips?
I really would love the opportunity to bring you a ready willing and able buyer Mr. & Mrs. Seller, but are you ready willing and able?