Pure Possibility! Asheville NC- "The Happiest City in the USA"
Most of us are inspired by ideas, empowered by knowledge, and moved to change by greater understanding. As Barbara Kingsolver the best-selling author of Animal, Vegetable, Miracle wrote:
" What I want is so simple I almost can't say it: elementary kindness. Enough to eat, enough to go around. The possibility that kids might one day grow up to be neither the destroyers nor the destroyed."
Living in Asheville, NC means pure possibility.... And that goes for everything in your "universe of discourse" whether it be a healthy-built home, the land around your home, your neighbors, friends and family-and most especially you. Here's our list...
The Eco-Stewards' List of Pure Possibility
1. Healthy, durable, sustainable, energy efficient homes- in other words, well designed and built homes - seriously underway here in the Asheville real estate market. . Here's a link to information from the Asheville Board of REALTORS® about the GREEN REAL ESTATE MARKET in the Greater Asheville area.
2. ECO COMMUNITIES we love: Authentic eco-wise development in the Asheville area: Hickory Nut Forest Eco-Community , Drovers Road Preserve Eco-Community, Walnut Creek Preserve, An Equestrian Eco-Community , The Villages at Crest Mountain
3. The Equestrian Land Conservation Resource Horse people have much to contribute to the preservation of sustainable rural communities and are a caring influence in smart growth initiatives, where rapidly developing communities must recognize the value of maintaining natural corridors that serve the needs of a wide range of interests. Our Firm is a Member of The Equestrian Land Conservation Resource.
4. Mountin' Hopes Therapeutic Riding Center Mountin' Hopes is always on our list. The center provides children and adults with special needs the opportunity both to ride and to care for horses. The relationship that can develop between the person and horse encourages wellness.
5. Land-of-Sky Regional Council may be of interest to eco-friendly people relocating to the Asheville area. Not only does it seek to enhance social, economic, cultural and ecological conditions in the Greater Asheville, N.C. area, but it works to promote well-being of the Region, healthy folks and healthy ecosystems.
6. The North Carolina Division of Water Quality. Speaking of healthy ecosystems, here is a link to the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR). This will take you to information about the agency responsible for statewide regulatory programs in groundwater and surface water protection.
7. The Clean AIR Community Trust. We are members of this organization. This is a community-based program that has great activities, events and educational opportunities. Over the years we have found that it has inspired many people to make wise choices that lead to air quality improvement.
8. North Carolina Department of Environmental and Natural Resources . On the state level, you may be interested in the Division of AIR Quality(DAQ) works with the state's citizens to protect and improve outdoor, or ambient, air quality in North Carolina for the health and benefit of all.
9. Discover Your Ecological Address . One quick way to evaluate your own impact on the environment will be found when you visit this link. You know what street you live on and what town you live in, but here you can find our your ecological address. Possibly this can tell you much about your place in the world.
So when you come to find what is here for you, here are some more resources...
ASHEVILLE AREA MAPS & INFORMATION
www.asheville.com Go here to find what to do, where to stay and locally-grown and harvested organic food
Local News and WeatherBuncombe County, NC