The Easiest Way To Make Sure You Do Not Get Ripped Off By An Unethical Mortgage Broker in Montgomery County.
Are you looking for a loan to purchase the home of your dreams in Montgomery County?
Obtaining the best financing possible, and getting it without getting burned in the process can be a daunting task.
That’s why it is crucial to get a trustworthy loan adviser in montgomery county. You don’t have to look very far to find the horror stories of people getting taken advantage of through their loan process in the last decade, their stories are on TV and in the newspapers every day, especially since we are in such an economic downturn currently. The problems the American people face seem magnified due to this fact of the current economic times.
You may be thinking that since all mortgage lenders are operating under the same rules and regulations that it doesn’t really matter HOW you pick one....just grab one, right? WRONG!
You may end up with a recommendation from a friend, family member or co worker which is where you may choose to start your search. A word of caution, interview any potential mortgage adviser yourself and ask the questions I have outlined below to verify they are a good fit for your needs. This is a volatile business and things are changing rapidly in the mortgage lending business. Only the most dedicated and professional mortgage advisers are committed to providing the best service, loan products and staying up to date with all the trends and regulations, but that still doesn't mean they are a good fit for your individual mortgage needs.
Here are 5 very important questions that you MUST ask before working with any Mortgage Adviser in Montgomery County.
- How long have you been a Mortgage Adviser? There is no match for experience. The persons here in Montgomery County that I refer the majority of my clients to are amazing! They do WHAT they say, WHEN they say and HOW they say it.Having the experience of many years to learn by experience all of the potential dangers that come up in the mortgage lending process, and they can extinguish them before they become a big problem. Let the rookies practice on someone else, I’ll refer you to a trusted adviser and committed professional for life for all your mortgage needs! The current of mortgage lending has impacted the home buyer in may ways. There are many new lending regulations that did not exist in 2009. To have skilled professionals I can call on for different types of loan products, depending on your individual needs, is a critical service I provide to my real estate clients. Oh YEs and I can get them on the phone whenever necessary, which is priceless in the current lending environment.
- What is Your Process of Getting me a Mortgage? Getting a home loan in Montgomery County, especially if you are a first time home buyer, can be very nerve racking. You want to make sure that you have a mortgage lender in Montgomery county who has the heart of a teacher and will walk you through all of the pertinent details of this process.I can equip you with a couple of key questions to ask your lone adviser. You will know right away, based on their answers, if they are going to communicate adequately with you.
- What Kind of Loans do You Recommend? What is the best loan for your situation? Do you need a conventional loan, and FHA loan, a VA loan, or a USDA loan? How about length of terms? Do you need a 15 year fixed, 30 year fixed or an ARM? When it comes to getting a loan in Montgomery County “One size DOES NOT fit all”. You need to be able to have all the different loans explained to you and have the lender help you decide what’s best for you. Beware of any lender who wants to push you toward a loan that works best for them only! I have different lenders I recommend for different types of loan products, depending on your individual needs and what you are trying to purchase.
- What is Your Area of Specialty? This is a very important question to ask any Montgomery County mortgage adviser!If the answer is too broad, keep on going, you want someone who has a developed niche. You want them to work primarily in the niche in which you are shopping. Along the same lines if they operate in some thing like commercial loans primarily, they are probably not a good fit for you either. For instance, Very few lenders are a direct FHA lender which means they might have little control over the lending process if you choose to work with them to fund an FHA loan. This is a very important question to ask any Montgomery County mortgage adviser! Again, I have different lenders I recommend for different types of loan products, depending on your individual needs and what you are trying to purchase, there is NOT a one size fits all approach to getting a mortgage that is in your best interests.
- Can I count on Good service both before and after I purchase my home? Many times there are important questions that come up after closing that you NEED ANSWERED. Is your loan adviser going to be there for you to get those questions answered? If this is a fear of yours let me help you in your search for a mortgage adviser you can trust. I have many years of working closely with many, many mortgage advisers and I can give you an honest third party opinion on their products, service and fees they charge consumers to fund mortgages, and refinance mortgages.
If you’d like help getting past the fear, I can can be your coach and guide, offering you encouragement and explaining the ins and outs of the complicated home buying landscape. Use the hyperlink below to contact me and we can schedule a time to discuss your individual real estate and mortgage needs.
copyright 2010- James Harner Group | Find the Best Mortgage Adviser