I attended a meeting of the Vista Heights Action Committee last night. One of the items on the agenda was how can we utilize our government grant allotments to best benefit the community.
Here are the Guidlines for Applicants:
1) All projects must benefit residents of Crossroads Community, in Calgary, with special empasis on residents of Vista Heights.
2) Projects must be time limited with clearly idnetified goals and expected outcomes
3) Projects must fit with Vista Heights Action Committee Mission
4) Project must foster community participation & engagement of residents living in Vista Heights.
The Vista Heights Action Committee's Mission statement is as follows:
To work in conjunction with Crossroads Community Association to enhance a sense of community among the residents of Vista Heights by addressing identifying needs.
The Vista Heights Vision Statment is:
Vista Heights will be a safe and inclusive community where residents feel a strong sense of belonging.
What is the Vista Heights Action Committee?
The Vista Heights Action Committee is a group of residents of Vista Heights who have come together to look at ways to improve the community. This committee is supported by and works closely with the Crossroads community Association and the City of Calgary.
Some of the accomplishments of the Action Committee are as follows:
- Dialog with our neighbours about what the community means to them
- Liason with the Calgary Police Services to do a safety walk and follow up on recommendations
- Provided volunteers for the Vista Heights summer festival
- Sponsorship of the Vista Heights Performing Arts Program
- Development of a "community granting program" for small volunteer-run projcts
- Write the "Vista Corner" article in the Crossroads Convenor
To find out more about the Vista Heights Action Committee please call 403-291-5272