Moving from New Jersey to Tucson, AZ a dozen years ago was a culture shock.
In Tucson, as contrasted with my NJ experience,
- rivers have no water in them most of the time.
- people at WalMart dance joyously in the rain at the beginning of the monsoon season instead of running frantically for the shelter of their cars.
- the summer work day for construction workers begins at 3:00 a.m. (a shock when there's a house being built next door)
- and bread is labeled BIMBO!
If you don't live near the Mexican border, you may not know that Mexico's BIMBO (Grupo Bimbo, SAB) is the world's largest bread maker.
You will no doubt recognize some of the BIMBO brands, though...
- Thomas's English Muffins
- Entenmann's cakes and pastries
- Mrs. Baird's breads
- Sara Lee's North American bakery business, for which BIMBO paid nearly one billion dollars. Included in the sale are 41 plants and 13,000 employees.
Real Estate Connection
13,000 employees? No doubt, some of them are management. Expect a shake-up there. It might provide you with some real estate business you hadn't anticipated.
I'm Mike in Tucson, your preferred Tucson Mortgage Lender.
SUNSTREET MORTGAGE llc ~ Correspondent Mortgage Bank
Offices (AZ) Mesa, Tucson, Nogales, and Albuquerque, NM.