Earlier this year I posted a blog about catchy listing titles in online postings that generated many good comments - http://activerain.com/blogsview/1463858/craigslist-postings-write-me-a-title-buyers-can-t-refuse.
Since then I've added more unique posting titles intended to attract a prospective buyer to at least open the link and read the listing content. Using html code from my account at www.craigslistadtracker.com I've tracked the page views and repeat reviews relative to more generic titles.
I post 30 to 50 listings per day for my real estate clients, so the sample size over time is large. Since February 2010 I've had almost 300,000 page views from various postings. Those postings with creative titles tend to generate more views, including repeat views. I can't say that the creative headings resulted in a closed transaction, but it helped with the listing's online exposure.
Feel free to use titles like these in your own postings. They're not Shakespeare, but they help listings to stand out amongst a sea of titles on craigslist. I'm looking forward to reading the creative title suggestions in the comments section!
- Moving Sale - We Want To Move & You Want To Buy. Let's Talk!
- In Vegas The House Always Wins. Here Your Offer Wins The House!
- We Need You To Buy, So That We Can Say Bye-Bye
- The Price Is Right - Let's Make A Deal
- The Key To Owning This Home Is In Your Offer
- It's Not Complex. It's A Duplex. You Can Own It And Rent It!
- You Can Own The White House (In Eugene, Not Washington, DC)
- Don't Say Goodbye To This Good Buy!
- Looking For A Distressed Seller, Not A Distressed House?
- This House Is A Keeper. It Doesn't Need A Housekeeper!
- Not A Garage Sale. You Can Buy The Whole House!
- Foreclosure - The Bank Needs Your Good Offer For Closure
- Short Sale - Make Us An Offer The Bank Can't Refuse