Your client wants to live within a quarter mile of their children's school or within walking distance to a train station. This means you need to draw a radius around a certain area on a map.
The image on the right is one I drew using this radius tool. It shows that most of my market area (Black Rock Connecticut) is within walking distance of the new Fairfield Metro train station, which has express trains to Grand Central Station in New York City. That is a huge selling point for Black Rock homes.
Click on www.freemaptools.com and on the left sidebar, select "Radius Around Point Map". Then follow these instructions:
- Put in the zip code closest to the area you'd like to zero in on (box on bottom left side of map) and then zoom in to get to the right address on the street, then zoom out enough to be able to see the radius when it is drawn.
- Decide the radius distance. In the example above, I used one mile, so I put "1" in the "miles" box after Radius Distance.
- Click on map
- Decide on Line Thickness, Line Color, and Fill Color. I chose Thin, Red, and White.
- Click on "Draw Radius"
- You may need to adjust the Zoom to move in closer or further away.
- Use your favorite screen capture tool to convert the image into a JPEG file