Even though the weather isn’t great in winter and holiday preparations eat up lots of time, the holidays are still a great time to go shopping for a new home. While it is true that the inventory may be slightly lower than in summer, there are still a few benefits to buying a home around the holidays.
- A seller who has a home listed at the holidays is very motivated to sell. Generally, if you are going to let complete strangers traipse through your home during the holiday season, you have to be pretty motivated, right?
- There is much less competition from other buyers for the homes that are currently on the market. Lots of buyers are taking the holidays ‘off’. So, a property that may receive multiple offers in June might only receive one offer around the holidays.
- Your team will have more time to provide you with excellent customer service. Real estate agents and lenders have lighter loads around the holidays; this means that they can have the opportunity to showcase their top-notch service just for you.
- Interest rates are so low right now. The lower the interest rate, the more home you can buy.
- Homes decorated for the holidays are so pretty with the gorgeous tree and all the trimmings. And, who can ignore the small of fresh baked goods right out of the oven? Who wouldn’t want to view a home that smells like chocolate chip cookies or gingerbread?
If you or anyone you know is considering waiting until summer to explore the idea of buying a new home, I urge you to reconsider. And, don’t forget to contact Broadpoint Properties. Our agents can show case their top-notch customer service and maybe even show you the home of your dreams.