Crystal City has been promoting their eco-friendly – green area and with the aim to further their efforts, Crystal City BID has launched ‘Crystal Green’. ‘Crystal Green’ will be establishing relationships to decrease the cumulative environmental impact of the neighborhood’s businesses and residences by targeting energy efficiency, environmental quality and waste minimization.
‘Crystal Green’ is another effort with Arlington County’s aim on environmental responsibility and an array of programs had been imposed under this aim. Such is with the Virginia Green Lodging program wherein several Crystal City hotels shall be participating to promote pollution prevention practices in the hospitality and lodging sector raising awareness of their impact on the environment and to take measures to reduce these impacts, thus providing guidance with hospitality pollution prevention techniques that has been proven to reduce impacts and save money.
Crystal City Hotels Participating in the Virginia Green Lodging Program:
- Crowne Plaza National Airport
- Crystal City Marriott
- Crystal Gateway Marriott
- Double Tree Hotel Crystal City
- Holiday inn National Airport
The hotels are expected to verify and practice the Virginia Green Lodging ‘core activities’ and other green activities they have undertaken.
Core Activities are:
- Optional Linen Service: sheets and towels are not automatically changed every day.
- Recycling: guests must have the opportunity to recycle during their stay.
- Water Conservation: a plan should be in place for minimizing water use.
- Energy Conservation: a plan should be in place to address energy conservation & efficiency opportunities.
- Green Events, Conferences, & Meetings: facilities should be able to accommodate groups who want “green” events.
For more information about the program please visit:http://www.deq.state.va.us/p2/virginiagreen/lodging.html