When selling your home in Columbus, GA or Phenix City, AL, try a few staging tips during the slow winter months to help your Fort Benning area home sell faster. Realtors, like the ones at Rose Anne Erickson Realty, can recommend a stager or you can try a few do-it-yourself tips to help you sell your home sooner.
1. Clean your entire home in Columbus, GA. Potential homeowners do not want to walk into a dirty home. 2. Clean the inside and outside of your home to make everything sparkle and shine like new.
3. De-clutter. This is the most important part of staging your home. Clear out things that you do not need. 4. Remove knick knacks and furniture that hinder buyers from walking around or distract from your homes natural focal points and features. Less is more this days. Rooms with too much stuff in them feel smaller, but rooms with less furniture feel open and roomy, an illusion that you want to create for potential home buyers.
5. Curb appeal is really important during to selling your home during the winter months. Do yard work. Mow the lawn. Rake leaves. Shovel snow. Plant new flowers if it's warm outside or buy some potted ones if it is too cold. Buy a bench and new welcome mat for the front porch and wash the outside of your house. If a house looks inviting from the outside, then more buyers will want to see the inside of your home.
6. Finish any renovations and repairs that your house might need or that you just never got around too. Buyers want to see that your home is in a livable state when they stop by for an open house.
7. Repaint your walls. Choose a warm, neutral colors for your new walls. Inviting colors can go a long way to making a potential buyer feel at home and comfortable in your Fort Benning area house.
8. Stop by the super market for some fresh flowers to add a warm, inviting touch to any room. One to three vases in a room can make contrasting colors pop and create an sense of elegance, but too much can leave a room feeling a bit overwhelming.
9. Update any outdated bathrooms and kitchens adding new fixtures. Changing the knobs on your cabinetry is just one inexpensive way to accomplish this.
Remove all family photos from your house. The buyer wants to picture themselves in a new home in Phenix City, AL, not somebody else's family
10. Slip covers are a great way to revamp old furniture if you do not want to rent furniture for a staging. Slip covers can also hide clashing colors and overwhelming furniture patterns.
11. Open windows and turn on some lights. Potential buyers want to see everything and feel welcome in your staged home. Having a home full of light and space can help create a lasting feeling that will wow your potential buyers.