LIVE IN TARPON SPRINGS, FL
(ARA) - The winter months often mean gatherings and guests ... and much more time indoors. So, why not give the two rooms that you spend the most time in - the kitchen and bath - a function and fashion facelift?
Luckily, minor updates that are easy, quick and inexpensive can make a major impact. Try some of these simple suggestions from real do-it-yourselfers, and you can make your kitchen and bath more stylish, safe, organized and enjoyable - all in eight, easy steps.
1. One of the easiest and most affordable ways to make over a bathroom is to update with new accessories. With a wide variety of designs and finishes - from traditional to modern - accessories such as towel bars, towel rings, robe hooks, towel bar hooks and shelves help get you more organized, while making a dramatic style statement. And don't stop in the bath, towel bars and robe hooks are ideal kitchen additions to keep pot holders and towels close at hand.
2. Next, install new bathroom faucets. With nearly limitless finish, style and function options available, the simple change of a faucet can transform a room in only minutes .
3. It's one of life's constants: Toilet paper always runs out. But changing the roll doesn't have to involve a spring-loaded bar flying across the room. Depending on your decorating tastes, choose from an innovative pivoting paper holder that features a bar you simply lift up to replace the roll or a European-styled design that features an open end for easy roll replacement. Either way, it'll encourage everyone to lend a hand and change the roll.
4. Add style and space in the shower in minutes with a Curved Shower Rod from Moen. Originally seen only in upscale hotels, this unique product adds up to seven more inches of elbow room in the shower. Plus, new S-shaped Shower Rod Hooks snap right onto the shower rod, offering convenient access to hang a variety of items - from towels and robes, to loofahs and shaving kits.
5. When it comes to decking the walls in the kitchen or bath, there's no need for expensive art. Try adding your personal touch with framed photos of family or friends to share experiences or keep memories alive.
6. Looking for storage? Need a place to keep your Merlot or champagne? Wine racks are the perfect answer. But they can even be functional in the bath. Choose a rack in a finish to match the rest of your bath accessories and fill it with rolled hand towels and washcloths.
7. Turn a boring, plain bathroom mirror into a work of art by adding Mirrorscapes Mirror Frames. Mirrorscapes transform plate-glass mirrors into style statements in a matter of minutes. Available in a variety of styles, these easy-to-install frames create a beautifully coordinated, custom-designed look.
8. While style is always a concern, bathroom safety should be, too. In the bath, add grab bars or hand grips. Moen Home Care offers a variety of products such as SecureMount Grab Bars or Hand Grips that are stylish - available in many designs and finishes - and easy to install. In the kitchen, make sure your smoke detectors are working properly and keep a fire extinguisher under the sink for easy access.
With a few simple updates, your kitchen and bath will be more enjoyable, safe and stylish for both you and your house guests.
For more information about Moen products, visit www.moen.com.
Rob Dandrea, Realtor with Future Home Realty, Tarpon Springs, FL 34688
Please visit me on My Facebook Page
Interest in Bank Owned Properties? Visit me at Bank Owned Properties
LIVE IN TARPON SPRINGS, FL