Lafayette County Florida Home Buyer Assistance Program Process and Time Line
1. County sponsored home buyer education class is required.
2. Home buyer is APPROVED and signs contract for home.
3. Lender sends Reservation Form with contact to county.
4. With-in 5 days, home is inspected by county staff.
5. If necessary, lead based paint assessment is completed.
6. Lender sends loan package to county.
IF NO REPAIRS ARE NECESSARY......
7. County approves application package.
8. County contracted appraiser completes appraisal.
9. Home buyer meets with home buyer counselor.
10. Mortgage package e-mailed to title company.
11. Home buyer assistance check is released by county after HUD 1 is approved.
12. Closing occurs at the offices of the title company.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE VISIT:
For More Information on Government Loan Programs in the State of Florida Please Visit: