It's not easy keeping your house in 'show' condition.
You've had a Staging Consult and found out how to prepare your home for sale. You may have done the work yourself or you may have had the Stager do the work for you. Now you have to keep it that way. You want buyers that visit your home to be wowed by it's features.
The trouble is you have to live in the house. You may have a dog or cat as well as children to cope with. They need their space to play, eat, sleep etc.
Those first couple of weeks will be when the heaviest 'traffic' of buyers through your home will happen.
One alternative some of my clients have taken is to go on a trip. They plan their vacation for this time leaving the house staged.
Some clients have decided they will go and stay with Grandma for a couple of weeks. This usually involves Mom and kids and pets leaving Dad behind. I find it is families with very young children that choose this option.
I have had clients send their pet cat or dog to stay at a relatives so there will be less pet hair, dishes, toys, beds etc to deal with each day. It is also less stressful for the pet than having to deal with strangers entering their 'turf' while everyone is at work.
Not everyone has a relative close by so they create a routine to cope:
- create a to do list to follow before you go to work or have a viewing
- place a small basket or decorative box where you usually drop your keys etc.
- keep show towels in the bathroom so you can quickly replace the daily towels
- do as much preparation as you can just before you go to bed so there is less to do before you go to work
- have bins designated for toys so they can be cleaned up quickly
- keep your shampoos, razors, toothbrushes, used soaps etc in containers that will easily fit inside the vanity
- arrange day care for your dog so it is not home loose in the house while you are at work - buyers don't want to meet him
- make sure your Realtor knows how long you will need to do last minute touch ups before a viewing
There are ways to cope and your Stager or Realtor can help you find the ones that will work for you.