Well, I found that this was a well written article. I thought I would try to re-blog this posting to others can also learn something on this topic as well.
Things I've learned since joining ActiveRain
It all started when I noticed that I got 100 points for logging in. I was an AR "lurker" for a while...oh, I would read the daily drop that would come in my e-mail each morning, but frankly, if it was a members only post, I would move on since I had to go through all that trouble of logging in..LOL One day I just happened to notice that I got 100 points for just logging in.....wow..really..100 points just for logging in?
This is when I became addicted to points, getting points, passing up those that had more points in front of me when I found the leaderboard..getting featured in my city for having the most points....points..points...and MORE POINTS!!!! hmm..what was my point here?..oh yeah. As we know and learn once we all get started on this journey of blogging and AR is that it's really NOT about the points..but if it wasn't for them, I probably would still be missing out on sooooooo much!!
Since I've been actively blogging I've learned the following things:
* That once you submit your first blog, it's hard to stop.
* That I needed to update my website..oh, I knew I needed to, but getting around on AR..working on my profile (yeah..for those damn points) I now have links, videos, and client testimonials on my website..as well as my profile
* Of course I learned how to insert links and what a "back link" is.
* Through the AR challenges, I learned how to use video, how to have a Youtube channel, upload video...I mean, I never even knew about HTML code until AR blogging.
* I've learned how to make a QR code (although I hope this is not going out of style already), learned what a widget was and how to put one in my blog and website.
* Through blogging and hyper local posts, I've gotten out and explored my community much more, have become involved and I'm now volunteering on a couple of committees.
* If it wasn't for the oh so generous AR family, I wouldn't know how to change my text size and color by using Scribfire on firefox, create headers, edit pictures and such on Picnik.com
* I now know how to screen capture..as well as how to make a video of what I'm seeing on my computer screen! I love this!
* I just recently ventured into the world of Twitter...oh boy!
* All these technical things are really great, but most of all I've learned that the ActiveRain community has some of the most generous, caring people. Everyone is so willing to share not only these technical things but their experiences day to day doing what we do, giving heads up to the rest of us for new things, sharing what's going on in real estate all over the country, and supporting those members that are dealing with lifes ups and downs.I'm proud to be a part of this community and can only hope I contribute my share as well as everyone else!
These are the things I've learned since joining ActiveRain and being "active" since last October (I'm sure I missed many) I can only imagine the things I'll learn in the next couple of years! Noticing those first 100 points was the best thing I've done!
Are you moving from another City or State? Click Here to compare your current city to Portland
Prudential Northwest Properties
5 Centerpointe Dr., Ste 150, Lake Oswego OR, 97035
Disclaimer: As an independent contractor
of Prudential NW Properties, the views of my blog
are my own, and not of Prudential NW Properties.