Our firm, Best Agent Business, has a wealth of knowledge in dealing with data. If you have been in business for any period of time, you most likely have a database with client and prospect details. This is the first step in creating the most valuable asset of your business. In addition to the value of the database itself, you are freeing up valuable time to do other business related activities.
- A thorough list of all buyer/listing prospects with their contact information such as email, home address, fax and telephone number.
- A built in process to manage the listings. This includes a list of tasks with reminders for the steps required to set up and maintain a listing.
- A built in process to record what you have done for the listing, including marketing and other progress notes.
- The ability to use/merge data to write a contract and manage the closing transaction requirements and progress. This includes the large number of deadlines and tasks needed to make the process happen in a timely and accurate manner.
- The ability to use/merge data to report to your client the progress of the transaction, including related inspections, appraisals, etc.
- The ability to use/merge data to regularly communicate with your clients to keep your name fresh in their minds for referrals.
These are all basic requirements for a good, solid real estate database for quality contact and project management. Several databases do some of these things, and some do all of them. It is not wise to waste valuable time continually updating a system that doesn’t handle all of your needs. Choosing the wrong database or maintaining a database improperly will create headaches that you do not want to deal with such as:
- Wasting your marketing budget sending information using incorrect contact data.
- Loss of valuable data and leads.
- Inappropriate communication or a lack of communication with potential clients.
Database management involves building a new database or organizing and maintaining your current database. Often agents do not consider the lost time and revenue that result when their database is not managed well. It is a wise investment in your success to hire an individual or service to keep your database continually updated and managed. There is a direct correlation between up-to-date well organized data used for marketing and revenue.
Best Agent Business offers a team of database experts who review, organize, and manage databases for clients. They improve lead management systems and maximize the value of clients’ stored data. Contact Steve Kantor, President of Best Agent Business, today, for a free consultation on how best to maximize your database to reach your marketing and sales goals.
Blog contributed by Beverly – Virtual Assistant – Best Agent Business