Well, Dana has been at it again. For those of you who don't know, Dana is my baby sister. With her culinary background and natural ability to create the most delicious meals, she's created an amazing new recipe.
The main ingredients are chicken, chipotle and chorizo - this Cha Cha Chicken. I made it for dinner last night and my husband ate the whole thing - less my portion, of course.
- 2 large Chicken Breasts, diced
- 2 tbl Oil
- 1/2 small Onion, julienne
- 2-3 cloves of Garlic, diced
- 1/2 Cacique Pork Chorizo link
- 2 Chipolte Chili Peppers, canned
- 1/2 c bottled Chunky Salsa
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 2 tea Chicken Boullion or Base
- 2 c Water, and as needed
Heat oil in large skillet. Add diced chicken, onion and garlic. Stir occasionally, until chicken is browned and onions are tender.
Remove from skillet and set aside. Add the rest of ingredients, bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer until sauce thickens and potatoes are tender. Approximately15 minutes. Add Chicken mixture the last 5 minutes.
TIP: Using a fork, separate the Chipotle Peppers until they blend into the sauce. Serve over Rice or simply use a flour tortilla as a spoon.
Click here for more delicious recipes.