Goal Setting Made Easy!
We all set goals and have visions of what we want, need or hope for. When setting goals the key ingredient is clarity. Most of us set broad ambiguous general goals that seem so far out there that there is no way we can reach them. By setting clear understandable goals with a time frame attached to them, goals can be achieved and the process can actually be fun. Here are 6 Rules for goal setting to get you started.
1. Create Visual reminders of what you are trying to achieve
- Goal Boards or Vision Boards is a great way to see your goals on a daily basis. Remind yourself that your wants are important and don't loose sight of that. On Oprah's website she has a digital way to create a vision board. No glue or paper needed.
2. Create emotional anchors to your goals
- Your goals should move you to action and stir up passion to get out there and make your goals happen.
Ask your self: What fires me up?
What if I don't complete this particular goal?
What if I do?
3. Put a due date on your goals.
- Goal setting can be about small goals that you can complete in 10 days. Or larger goals that may take 10 weeks or 10 months. Put a due date on each goal and put it on your calender.
4. Track your progress
- If you don't keep track of the small or incremental milestones you may not see your progress towards completing your goals.
5.Celebrate achieving your milestones.
- Celebrating is the key after you have achieved a goal. It will double the energy to get to the next milestone.
6. Make goal setting a game
- Have fun with it! Setting goals should be pleasurable and build you up to feel better about your self or put you in a better situation in life. Make it fun and it will keep you moving forward to the next goal and the next goal.
Happy Goal Setting!!!
"A Realtor that knows homes."
License #01875751, ecoBroker #16082