Mother nature has a gentle way of reminding us of the changing seasons. In the Portland area that pretty much always includes rain, but not with out the rich green Oregon backdrop with many tree lined streets bursting with bright pink cherry blossoms and colorful yards as the flowers begin to bloom. Seems as though everything gets a new wind or springs to life this time of year, including the real estate market! After all, spring is about renewal, growth, optimism and new beginnings and a great way to celebrate the season is right in your own surroundings.
What’s so fun about seasonal design is that it’s a win-win for everyone. It can be done on any budget, it creates a space that’s good for the soul, it’s welcoming to guests, kids love it and when selling your home, this clean, redesigned space is also staging and staged homes sell faster… Especially in the spring! So here we go, some quick and simple tips to transform your springtime space…
Refresh, renew and redecorate for springtime
- Start with what you already have and reorder your space.
- Remove, reorganize and redesign room by room… If you haven’t already, this is an opportunity to spring clean on the go.
- Keep your items of inspiration handy. This time of year everyone likes to get tips and read up on home and garden – it makes great home decor too.
- Move some furniture around and if you have too much, try removing some to open up your space for spring.
- Cheap, Cheap is what the new birds say to spring and what designers agree about adding paint to create an inexpensive, dramatic change to your space.
- Think cool and neutral colors to lighten up for spring and summertime. Neutral colors appeal to more buyers as well.
- Add some new color through the use of perfect accent pieces. You can accomplish this with new pillows, rugs, candles, decor, art or paint. Moss is also a GREAT accent in your glass holders and very spring. Birds are one of the newest hottest items in decorating and add that perfect seasonal touch.
We hope you enjoyed these inspiring ideas to ring in spring. For more ways to Celebrate HOME, join us for Tuesday Tips (bi-monthly) from Tonya Giesbers, nationally recognized Independent Design Consultant and Amber Gardner, Accredited Home Stager (AHS) and Director of Marketing for The Gardner Team – your local real estate experts providing helpful tips to enjoy the spaces you love and sell with style!
We’d love to hear from you, please share your comments or tips about “Spring” in our comment section below ~ Thank you!
The Gardner Team - your Sherwood and surrounding area Realtors