10 Easy Stress Busters, an excerpt from an article in First for Women, April 25, 2011.
- Make someone smile-- this evaporates tension.
- Reach for the sky -- exercise for at least 30 seconds reduces the stress hormone output.
- Put on comfy clothes/pj's -- reduces stress level in 60 seconds.
- Crunch on raw vegetables - chewing on crunchy foods puts out endorphins and slashes stress levels by up to 20 percent.
- Lower your voice -- talking softly reduces stress levels within two minutes.
- Open a window for 10 minutes twice daily cuts levels of carbon dioxide and ozone gases.
- Eat 1 oz chocolate -- the phenylethylamine in chocolate boots production of serotonin.
- Sneak in beans -- add 1 cup to your daily diet to quell chronic anxiety in as little as 72 hours.
- Cuddle up with a heating pad - can switch off stress in just two minutes (switches brain waves to positive feelings).
- Rub your ears -- a 5 minute ear massage stimulates nerve endings and lulls your parasympathetic nervous system in to a tranquil state.
Hope you can use these tips to reduce your stress level.
Hope this flower made you smile (number one on the list).