Have you been looking for a condominium for sale in the Greenwich Village neighborhood in New York City? If you have been looking for a Greenwich Village NY Condo than you have probably been seeing a couple of market activities happening quite consistently:
1. Multiple Offers on 1 Bedroom Greenwich Village Condos for sale. I have been working with multiple customer's looking in the 1 Bedroom Condo market. If a newly renovated full time doorman 1 bedroom condo has come on the market for less than $1,000,000, the first open house is packed and multiple offers come in shortly. Most of the offers are cash, or non-mortgage contingent at or near the asking price.
2. Almost no inventory for Greenwich Village apartments less than $600,000. The studio or alcove studio condominium market in not only Greenwich Village, but in the East Village or the West Village is quite limited. After a couple of afternoons you can see everything that is available. The well priced apartments are selling quickly and the apartments with more aspirational pricing are even getting more interest. This time of year see's an influx of demand and the low supply creates an atmosphere where the best Greenwich Village condos for sale are moving quickly.
3. Greenwich Village Pre-War condo inventory is scarce. Building's like 59 West 12th Street, 2 Cornelia Street, 115 Fourth Ave, 45 Christopher St, 299 and 302 West 12th St, The American Felt Building have very little inventory. The Bing and Bing Emery Roth designed pre-war condos are always desired and when priced well sell quickly. The unique apartments, such as duplexes, apartments with open views, recently renovated, don't sit on the market quickly.
4. Larger Apartments Inventory Limited. In my database I see 12 Two Bedroom Condos for Sale in Greenwich Village right now, 10 Three Bedroom Condos for Sale in Greenwich Village and 4 Four Bedroom Condos or Larger in Greenwich Village. If you are entering this segment of the market, you will probably expand your search to the West Village, parts of the East Village and parts of Chelsea, but you will still have a small number of apartments to view.
Overall, the spring and early summer real estate market for condos for sale in Greenwich Village has been quite robust with multiple offers for apartments priced effectively for their individual part of the market. One Bedroom Condos in Doorman buildings have seen a lot of interest.
For more reading about Greenwich Village Real Estate:
- Greenwich Village Apartments for Sale - Part 1 What does $500,000 Buy Me?
- Greenwich Village Apartments for Sale - Part 2 PreWar Condos
- Greenwich Village Apartments for Sale - Part 3 Studio and 1 Bedroom Condos
If you are interested in purchasing a Greenwich Village Condo or an apartment in the downtown area contact me today at (917) 837-8869 to discuss your specific needs.