Sunday July 3, 2011 - Downtown Pittsboro Events
Come to Historic Downtown Pittsboro for Old Fashioned Fun!
First Sunday is celebrated monthly in downtown Pittsboro, with local vendors, craftsmen, and artisans displaying their wares while antique and other shops are open for browsing.
Explore downtown Pittsboro shops and eateries. Fun street fair atmosphere and plenty of special festivities.
Enjoy brunch or breakfast or stay for an afternoon of shopping, lunch, and family fun.
First Sunday is a monthly artisan market held on the streets of downtown Pittsboro, NC.
The event features emerging & well-established artists selling their wares with live music, food vendors and much more. Many of the shops along Hillsboro Street will open their doors for business from noon to 4pm.
Go to http://www.shop-pittsboro.com/ or call 960-5892 for more info. This is a weather permitting event for outside activities. Antique Stores, Specialty Shops, Great Restaurants and Selected Businesses Will Be Open 12:00 Until 4:00 PM. Artists And Craftspersons Are On The Sidewalks. More About Pittsboro NC Places to Visit:
Pittsboro NC Shops to Browse:
- BIZU BIZU is the studio of goldsmith, Jenny Garrett McLaurin.
- Annie B and the B&W Guy A locally owned, independent photo graphics lab, established in 2002, they offer film developing & customized imaging services to our community using traditional and digital methods.
- Beggars & Choosers Beggars & Choosers is an eclectic vintage store located in the heart of downtown Pittsboro.
- Blue Sky Equestrian Blue Sky Equestrian carries "English" riding apparel (dressage, eventing, hunter, jumper) for everyday riding and show, tack (e.g., bridles, bits, boots, saddle pads, girths, etc.), horse care products and gift items.
- Chatham Arts & Gallery ChathamArts provides a variety of community-based programs throughout Chatham County. Services include a comprehensive, multi-disciplinary artist directory, arts in education programs, classes by & for artists, events, an art gallery of locally-produced art in downtown Pittsboro, and much more.
Pittsboro NC Places to Eat:
City Tap, The An intimate bar in the heart of Pittsboro. A perfect place for folks to sip their beer, wine or soda on the patio, on the deck overlooking the patio, or inside the bar itself.
Angelina's Kitchen Angelina's Kitchen strives to offer healthy, affordable, in season & local food with a greek & southwestern flair for the folks of Chatham County. They work with farmers from around the Chatham area.
- Bella Donna A beautiful Tuscan themed restaurant. A quaint and cozy space for you to dine & relax with their knowledgeable staff & checkered table cloths.
- Carolina BreweryCarolina Brewery is a locally-owned brewery and restaurant that has drawn international attention for its handcrafted beers, all brewed in-house by Director of Brewing Operations Jon Connolly and his team. Founded in Chapel Hill in 1995, Carolina Brewery is the oldest brewery in the Triangle area and celebrates its 15th anniversary this year.
- Chatham Marketplace Chatham Marketplace is a co-operative business owned entirely by members of the community, more than 2000 households, offering locally grown and produced foods, household products, and more.
- Davenport & Winkleperry Imagine a space filled with art, coffee, books, and an in-house seamstress. Davenport & Winkleperry is a gallery & coffeehouse that offers all those extraordinary things along with other amusing oddities for your purchase, most with a hint of the Victorian aesthetic.
Pittsboro NC Places to Listen:
- Red Gate Music & Antiques -Red Gate carries a wonderful selection of vintage musical instruments & antiques.
- Joy of Movement, The The Joy of Movement Studio believes in a multidisciplinary approach to health and well being. Therefore they offer many different options to get you moving!
- SG Music Company SG Music Company is owned by 2 Old Time fiddlers. They also rehair bows and does basic repair and setup of fiddles and student violins.
- Spa at Bell House, The Relax, restore, unwind at The Spa at Bell House.
More Independence Day - Fourth of July Activities Throughout the Raleigh Area: