Whether you’re visiting Albuquerque or planning to relocate to our fine city consider these Top Five Things To Do In Albuquerque. You may not have the time or the gusto to get it all done in just one trip but these are worth putting on your "Albuquerque Bucket List".
- Explore Old Town Albuquerque. Old town Albuquerque is a hot spot of activity condensed into a 10 block square of old Adobe buildings showcasing beautiful art galleries, Southwest clothing, jewelry, pottery, gift shops and fine dining. A corner stone of Old Town is the San Felipe de Neri Church built in 1793 this is the oldest building and church in Albuquerque. At Christmas the square is festively lit with thousands of Luminaria providing a soothing ambiance
- ABQ Bio Park Albuquerque Zoo/Botanic Gardens and Aquarium. Come enjoy the lush 64-Acre Albuquerque Zoo with over 200 species of fabulous creatures. Summer evening concerts are a favorite attraction for enjoying a mixed flavor of music and musicians. Don’t forget the Botanic Gardens to experience a floral eye feast and a spectacular Butterfly Pavilion. During the winter holidays be sure to come see the fabulous River of Lights exhibit.
- Sandia Peak Tram. The Worlds Longest Tram! They call this a “Flight” not a ride. The Tram begins at the foothills of Albuquerque’s Sandia Mountains then ascends 4,000 feet and covers 2.7 miles in just 15 minutes. The scenery and views are simply spectacular; you will traverse incredible canyons, granite cliffs, spires and immense boulders. Then you reach the prize, the 10,378 top where you can see over 11,000 square miles of this great state. The winter months provide a wonderful skiing experience at Sandia Ski Area. Bring a jacket, your camera and a dose of courage! You may want to consider hiking the La Luz Trail for a more intiment experience of the Sandia Mountains.
- New Mexico Museum of Natural History & Science. Exciting for young and old alike this incredible display of prehistoric Dinosaur’s, fossils, minerals and science exhibits is unsurpassed. While you’re here check out the amazing Planetarium and the DynaTheater now showing 3-D jaw dropping adventures movies on a 5-story screen. The New Mexico Museum of Natural History must make your Top Five Things To Do In Albuquerque
- Albuquerque Balloon Festival and Museum. Albuquerque is world renown for its annual Hot Air Balloon Festival. In early October the skies over Albuquerque begin to fill with colorful Hot Air Balloons. This magical event draws Balloonist from all over the world. Each year over 700 Balloons take flight to the delight of tens of thousands of spectators. This is definitely in the Top Five Things To Do In Albuquerque. This is one of those events you need to see in person you won’t forget it!
There are so many more places and event to see and do while in Albuquerque but this list of Top Five Things To Do In Albuquerque is a great place to start. If you would like more information about these places and events or other options you may want to consider I would be happy to help.
We love Albuquerque and the whole New Mexico lifestyle. If you or someone you know is considering relocating to the Albuquerque, Rio Rancho or Central New Mexico area we would love to be a part of that relocation process. Give me, John McCormack a call or text 505-980-4576. Or drop an email to John@AlbuquerqueHomes.com. You will find much more information at our Albuquerque Real Estate website.