Fannie Mae just released their 2nd quarter National Housing Survey for 2011 It covers many aspects of the housing market, home buying and home ownership in the Palm Springs Area. Here are a few highlights you may find most interesting.
The Most Important Reasons to Buy a Home
Today, it seems that the financial aspects always jump to the front of the discussion when talking about buying a home. However, the study shows that the four major reasons a person buys a home have nothing to do with money. The top four reasons a person or a couple want to own a home have little to do with money:
- It means having a good place to raise children and give them a good education
- You have a physical structure where you and your family feel safe
- It allows you to have more space for your family
- It gives you control of what you do with your living space (renovations and updates)
Is The Home Still An Investment?
Though most people purchase a home for reasons stated above, there is a money component to homeownership. Here is what they said on this issue:
- 65% of the general population (and 67% of homeowners) still believe that homeownership is a ‘safe’ investment.
- 56% believe that home ownership is a better investment than any other traditional way to invest.
- Amazingly 69% think that now is still a good time to buy a home
Should I Rent or Buy
The difference people see in renting vs. owning is always interesting.....
- 63% of renters have aspirations to someday own their own home
- 72% of renters think that owning is superior to renting
- 95% of homeowners see home ownership as a positive experience whiles a negative 82% of renters see renting as a positive experience.
- 96% of homeowners live in a single family residence while 46% of renters live in a multi-unit building (and don't like it)
An What's The Bottom Line?
American's still see buying a home as a safe investment and they prefer owning to renting as a means of feeling more secure and having more control.
Want more information about the Desert Cities ?
Buying or Selling Palm Springs Real Estate?
Buying or Selling in today’s real estate market is a challenge and a process that is easily accomplished with the help of a Palm Springs real estate agent focusing on the neighboring desert cities. You will need an expert who has lived in the area, knows the lifestyle and the unique housing market.
The market for real estate in the desert is alive and the values are exceptional especially for those who are looking for an ideal investment or a vacation/retirement property. We have many Palm Springs real estate properties available for every need, budget and amenity list.
Buyers: Are you searching for your primary residence? We have a variety of Palm Springs homes for sale and have what it takes to get you settled in the neighborhood of your choice.
Selling your home? Your home selling experience will be one that is easy, friendly and professional. Our mission is to offer outstanding service while utilizing the best practices and Internet technology available. We are totally connected to the Internet and will market your home on every venue available! Results is what you expect and results is what you will get.
If you are planning to buy Palm Springs investment property, or property in the surrounding area, we have the staff partners who will help with any project or property management tasks while you are away. We have helped with the small properties all the way up to the multi-million dollar projects.
I'm not here just to sell you a home. I'm here to help you find the dream home you'll love then make it yours!
Following links are to Area City Bio's and Property Searches:
- Learn About Palm Springs Real Estate
- Learn About Cathedral City Real Estate
- Learn About Desert Hot Springs Real Estate
- Learn About Indian Wells Real Estate
- Learn About Indio Real Estate
- Learn About La Quinta Real Estate
- Learn About Palm Desert Real Estate
- Learn About Rancho Mirage Real Estate
For more information on how we can best serve your Palm Springs Real Estate and surrounding area needs, please fill out the online contact form or give us a call at 760-322-7822.