Written by Paula Hamilton of The Woodlands Texas, this information applies to Lake Conroe and the surrounding areas. Read and enjoy. We all have an opportunity to explore and repair and get our ducks in order here. Great Post. Thanks Paula.
Deb Brooks, Lake Conroe Real Estate
POSITIVE THINGS TO DO WHEN THE LAKE LEVELS ARE LOW!
As the dreaded drought continues and Lake Conroe is releasing millions of gallons of water to send to Houston, we watch in sadness as the already low lake levels dip even further down. We all know this is a temporary situation yet it is still difficult to see how low the lake gets each and every day that goes by.
As I was thinking about this, it occurred to me that there could be some positive things to do when the lake levels are low:
- If your boat is up on a lift, get up under that boat and clean and wax it thoroughly.
- Take a look at your boat dock and see if any repairs need to be made. This is the perfect time to do this without getting wet!
- If you were thinking about putting in a dock, should be an easier job right now.
- Go on a treasure hunt and see what cool things you might find as the water recedes.
- Repair bulkheads.
- This is a great time to put in needed bulkheads.
- If you live on a canal lot, walk across to your neighbors!
Hopefully we will get the much-needed rain soon and our lovely lake can fill back up quickly. In the meantime, make the best of it as we are all in the same - boat so to speak! :)
Paula L. Hamilton ~ REALTOR®
Broker ~ Managing Principal
9595 Six Pines Drive, Suite 8210 ~ The Woodlands, TX 77380 ~ 936-203-0279
Copyright 2011 Paula Hamilton