WILDFIRE EVACUATION INFORMATION
The San Diego County Fire Chiefs' Association and the Burn Institute recommend the following Wildfire Evacuation Tips for residents of San Diego County.
Evacuation Tips for La Jolla Residents. Make a list of important items. Always keep sturdy boxes handy and make a list of important items you need to take with you during an evacuation. Some important items La Jolla residents may need are:
- Prescription medications
- Important financial docs, tax records, photos, etc.
- Homeowner's/Renter's insurance policies & Contact numbers
- Jewelry and valueables
- Pet, pet food, leash (and carrier, if possible)
- Child's favorite toy
PREPARE AN EMERGENCY SUPPLY KIT If you have time, assemble an Emergency Supply Kit that includes items you'll need in the case of an evacuation:
- Three-day water supply (1-gallon per person per day)
- Three-day food supply
- Change of clothing and shoes
- Blanket and sleeping bag
- First aid kit
- Battery-powered flashlight, radio, batteries
- Close all windows and doors in the house.
- Leave exterior lights on to help firefighters find your house through the smoke.
- Do not leave garden sprinklers on - it wastes critical water pressure.
- Park your vehicle facing out so you have the best visibility when you have to leave and drive with your headlights on.
- Designate one emergency meeting place outside the home and one outside the neighborhood where family members can all meet.
- If fire overtakes you, you are much safer inside the car than out.
About La Jolla: