The 2011 Summer Season is a fond memory, but the Fun has just Begun at the Beach! Here is an outline of the festivities now through September 19:
- Wednesday, September 14 - 5th Annual Go Red Luncheon and Fashion Show, clubhouse at Baywood Greens, Long Neck. Doors will open at 11:15. Presenting sponsor for the event is Beebe Medical Center with proceeds going to the American Heart Association. A silent auction and Chinese auction will be part of the event. Cost of the luncheon is $25. For more info or reservations, contact Pat Sandy at 302-226-7732 or Nancy Cummings at 302-645-3221.
- Thursday-Sunday, Sept. 15-18 - 32nd Annual Polkamotion by the Ocean, Rehoboth Beach Convention Center, 229 Rehoboth Avenue, Rehoboth Beach. Enjoy a world class line-up of Polka Bands, authentic Polish food, company of fabulous polka people and all within walking distance of great restaurants, fabulous tax-free shopping and the beach!!! For more information visit, www.rbpolka.com .
- Friday & Saturday, Sept. 16 & 17 - 2nd Annual Fighting for Air At All Extremes, Skydive Delmarva, Laurel, Delaware. Benefits American Lung Association. Fundraising event will benefit programs in DE, NJ, PA and WV. If you are interested, all you need to do is donate or fund-raise $300 minimum and you get a tandem jump, t-shirt and a goodie bag to take home. You'll even earn your "wings" after the jump. Please register at www.lunginfo.org.skydive.
- Saturday, Sept. 17 - Craft Show, 9am-3pm, The Meadows at the Villages of Old Landing, Rehoboth Beach. The community plans to have refreshments, a bake sale and a large assortment of crafts. Rain date is Sept. 24. From Rt 1 turn onto Old Landing Road (between Atlantic Liquors and Pizza Hut). 1/2 mile down road, turn left at the Meadows at Villages of Old Landing onto Coatue Blvd. The clubhouse is the first building on the right.
- Saturday, Sept. 17 - Walking and Brewery Tour, Milton. The Milton Historical Society and Dogfish Head Brewery host a joint history walk and brewery tour in Milton. Info; 302-684-1010 or www.historicmilton.org.
- Saturday, Sept. 17 - Milton Historical Society Antiques Show, Milton. Check out dozens of quality dealers on the corner of Union and Magnolia Streets. Call 302-684-1010 or www.historicmilton.org.
- Saturday, Sept. 17 - Taste the Fruit of the Vine, 3-6pm, Lewes Historical Society complex, Lewes. To benefit Sussex County Community Outreach Program. Savor a food and wine pairing event. Info: www.tastethefruitofthevine.org or call 302-645-8479.
- Saturday, Sept. 17 - 15th Annual Delaware Pride Festival, Cape Henlopen State Park. Entertainment includes Taylor Dayne. For more information or to purchase tickets, 302-265-3020 or visit www.delawarepride.org.
- Saturday, Sept. 17 - 16th Annual Dewey Beach Triathlon, Dewey Beach. 7:30am start, at Delaware Seashore State Park, post party after. Annual benefit for the Sussex YMCA Strong Kids Campaign. For more info, call the Sussex Family YMCA 302-296-9622 or visit www.deweybeachtriathlon.com.
- Saturday, Sept. 17 - Lewes Artists' Studio Tour, 10am-5pm, Lewes. Meet and see artists at work in various media. Pick up a map of the tour at the Lewes Chamber of Commerce. Please visit www.lewesart.com or call 302-645-9431 for more information.
- Monday, Sept. 19 - 13th Annual Charity Golf Tournament hosted by The Village Improvement Association, The Peninsula Golf Club, Millsboro. Registration is $125 per person which includes golf with cart, prizes, breakfast and lunch. For more information, contact Shirley Fleegle at 302-226-1681 or visit www.rehobothbeachvia.org.
How's that for a line-up!! The water is warm, the traffic is eased and restaurants are starting to offer great specials. There isn't a better time to come to the Delaware beaches! It's also a great time to buy a beach home of your own, so stop by The Debbie Reed Team while you're in town, and one of our agents would be happy to help you find the right place for you.