For man, autumn is a time of harvest, of gathering together. For nature, it is a time of sowing, of scattering abroad.
~Edwin Way Teale
Autumn Decorating Ideas …. Continued:
1. For a fragrant treat, fill a ceramic bowl or a wood or wicker basket with oranges, lemons,pine-cones, nuts, and pieces of evergreen. Place the container just inside the front door for a special welcome home.
2. Decorate a wreath for your front door with clusters of berries, ornamental grasses, and other fall finds. Purchase a wreath form at a local crafts store, then simply attach the berries and grasses with wire or hot glue.
3. Lead trick-or-treater’s to your door or dinner guests to the back patio with country luminaries made with old glass jars. Put a bit of sand in the jar and set a small candle in the sand. Line the sidewalk with the luminaries or even hang them from trees with wire. If you plan ahead, you can also order battery operated tea-light candles which are perfect for projects like this. Battery operated tea-light candles are also safe to use in paper bag projects.
4. Make an autumn garland for your mantle with colorful apples. Use an awl or knitting needle to pierce through the apples from side to side. Pull twine through the hole and knot it to hold the apple in place. Spice up the display by alternating apples with gourds, walnuts, or leaves.
5. Accent a door or wall with a swag of Indian corn. Use twine to connect the ears, knotting the twine after adding each ear. Tuck in pressed maple leaves for even more color. Then loop the twine at the top to hang.
You can find all the beautiful elements to embrace the fall season in your Oregon home at Grandmas Nursery / Schlichting Century Farm on Scholls-Sherwood Road or Baggenstos Farm on Roy Rogers Road in Sherwood, Oregon. If you’re around the Old Town Sherwood area, stop by Rays Produce where you’ll discover many delectable and inspired finds.
Moving around or relocating to the greater Portland area
If you’re planning a move this fall season, or relocating to the area you can search ALL Sherwood homes and land and ALL real estate for sale by ALL companies right from the convenience of this very website here at www.GardnerTeam.net. You can customize your Sherwood home search or find properties for sale throughout the greater Portland area by school district. If you’re looking for a home in a specific community, you can even search by neighborhood, street or MLS number. Want an even more specific way to search? Here you can even search by price drops, property type and year built to name a few! Searching for listings with specific features? just click that tab in the custom search area and choose what you desire. From ultra-urban living in Portland condos, easy living in townhomes around Tualatin to horse country properties in the Wilsonville area, West Linn gated communities or luxurious waterfront properties in Lake Oswego, you’ll discover there are many ways to search for your Oregon home. Just click here to get started and let The Gardner Team know if we can be of any assistance to you. Wishing you a fabulous fall!
Like this article?
Great, then you may also like Five Fun Fall Decor Ideas for Your Oregon Home ~ enjoy!
These Five Fab Autumn Decorating Ideas was brought to you by: Tonya Giesbers, nationally recognized and award-winning Independent Design Consultant with Celebrating HOME -together with- Amber Gardner, Director of Marketing/Licensed Assistant/Accredited Home Stager with The Gardner Team at Hasson Company Realtors… providing helpful tips to help you enjoy the spaces you love and sell with style!
And we’d love it if you’d “Like” us on facebook too!
- Jason and Amber Gardner: www.facebook.com/gardnerteam
- Tonya Giesbers: www.facebook.com/tonyagiesbers
We look forward to hearing from you, please inspire us with your comments, tips, ideas or questions by leaving a comment below. Thank you!